Spring break with the family

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I was out of town for the last couple of days. I took the family to 6 Flags in San Antonio for a mini vacation. I totally tuned out all news for 48 hours. I was internet free and blissfully oblivious. :beer:

It was interesting and kind of sad to see so many kids at the amusement park playing games on iphones/DS and even iPads/tablets as they moved around and waited in lines for rides. When I was a kid, we were always too busy flirting with the opposite sex! :noevil:

It's hell playing catch up now, but that's the price one pays for a vacation (even the two day variety!). :flail:

Phones are turning everyone into queers.

I use a phone designed for old people. No games, no touch screen, just huge buttons :D

Right on, boss. Why work hard if you can't enjoy some time off. Glad you took advantage and unplugged for a few days. Feels real good when I do that too.

Cheers!

Last night, my kids and I were sitting in the living room and I said to them, 'I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.'

They got up, unplugged the Computer, and threw out my wine.

Back
Top Bottom