sunk Pt?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

h4rdware

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
The Port Nicholson, a British merchant ship, was torpedoed by a German U-boat in an attack that killed six people.

Mr Brooks says a US Treasury Department ledger shows platinum bars were on board, as part of a payment from the Soviet Union to the US for war supplies.

"I'm going to get it, one way or another, even if I have to lift the ship out of the water," he said.

:silver: :silver: :silver:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16847737

Anthony Shusta, an attorney representing the British government, says it is unclear if the ship ever carried platinum.

"We're still researching what was on the vessel," Mr Shusta told the Associated Press news agency. "Our initial research indicated it was mostly machinery and military stores."

The United Kingdom will wait until salvage operations begin before deciding whether to file a claim on the cargo, he added.

Looks like mr Brooks should consider swimming some distance with his Pt before surfacing with it. Or at the very least, make sure his boat is insured against random misfortune :popcorn:

I tell you, precious metals and boats are a wicked combination.

And because the body is SO CLOSE to equal buoyancy with water, he couldn't swim with much more than a couple oz of heavy platinum...

Here's some more.

Back
Top Bottom