Suppose you died today, what would people say?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
What would people say about you? For real man? Who would say what? Would you be remembered correctly?

ideally no one would even notice

and if i leave the planet slightly improved from my time here that would be even better.

once you can get past your fear of death, it all gets a lot simpler.

the really interesting question is - WHY DO YOU ASK ?

I've made a mark, and thus people will talk - and scheme to get their hands on whatever I leave behind. Not all the talk will be positive. But then, I never cared about what losers say, even while alive. To the extent I have any enemies, they are self-appointed, and so far I've got a good record at outliving them (in a couple senses) all. I don't care now, and I'm pretty sure I won't care later.

My kids are too young to really remember me. Obviously i have other family that will remember me but ultimately, it's the kids I am more concerned about. I'm hoping to live at least long enough that they can legally drink beer.

I live my life not worrying about what people say or think about me. I'm certainly not going to worry about what they would say or think when I'm gone. I know that the people who love me and are close will miss me.

I live my life not worrying about what people say or think about me. I'm certainly not going to worry about what they would say or think when I'm gone. I know that the people who love me and are close will miss me.

I LOVE this reply!

Readers may not like my faith, but then again, as others have posted here, I do not live my life based on what others say about me.

As a Christian, death has a great importance to me. To me, it is the opening of the door to eternal life. That means I have to face God and give an account of myself.

It is far more a concern of mine what God says / thinks about me when I die, than what people do. That does not mean I do not care for others or for what they say. They may not like how I live or what I say, but I want to live as to have this testimony: He lived according to the way he said he believed. In other words, that there is not an inconsistency between what I say and how I act.

One other thing, I detest those funerals where people say of the deceased that he/she didn't have an enemy in the world.
First, because such a thing is impossible and therefore a lie.
Second, because I choose to be a friend to all that is good and holy and righteous, and the enemy of all who are wicked, evil, deceivers and liars.

It all depends from which group the comments come about me after I die that matters.

gravestone ? pish

no stone for me, no digger required

just feed my 'off hired' body to the pigs

recycling is cool (-;

Back
Top Bottom