trump and social security

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

1/2 way in he talks about soc sec. he doesnt want to cut it

His banter is already having an effect on public policy.

What changes have been made? I'm not being smart; I'm just out of the loop and sincerely want to know.

The issue of illegal aliens if front and center.

Ford also decided to build in Ohio rather then Mexico- tho some disagree.

Trump has alot of support. There is an anger at the status quo.

No doubt about people being angry at the establishment, that's one reason Trump has been doing so well along with Carson. I think those 2 will probably fade before Iowa or shortly after and hopefully an insider who is something of an outsider like Cruz can win the nomination, but the mainstream media has a rabid hate for him, almost as much as they do for Palin, which will make it tough as the moderators at debates and all the network anchors and liberal papers will blatantly lie about everything.

After watching the debate last night I will easily double down on my previous post. Oh, and I really like Cruz talking about going back to the gold standard! :clap:

Last edited:
I live in Texas. I have attended the State GOP convention several times (and met Cruz there in person). I have talked with people who know Cruz from his time working as a prosecutor in the AG's office. He is very smart. He also professes a deep religious conviction (which AFAIK is genuine).

I supported his Senate primary bid (Texas is very "red" and the primary essentially determined the winner) because his opponent (David Dewhurst) was the most odious embodiment of career, establishment politician you can imagine. There was a lot of excitement at the time to have a fighter for liberty on the ticket.

However, and this is my personal opinion, there is something off about him. He exudes an air of a used car salesman. I don't really trust anything he says.

I'm trying to reconcile the conundrum of a candidate who rails against the CFR ("pernicious nest of snakes"), advocates for the gold standard in a public debate and markets himself as a champion of liberty and the constitution all the while (1) married to a managing director at Goldman Sachs[1, 2] who is also a former CFR member and (2) who's voting record in the Senate (see CISA for a latest example, Patriot Act reauthorization hidden in "USA Freedom Act", etc.) questions the credibility of his "fighter for liberty and the constitution" rhetoric. He talks the talk, but doesn't always walk the walk. It makes it really hard to gauge what his real convictions are. YMMV and Caveat emptor.

I have yet in any election I've been able to vote in to find someone who check 100/100 boxes on what I would like, so it's more about finding one that has the least problems over the others. I would also tend to agree with what Huckabee said in the debate that ANY of the candidates on that stage would make a much better president than barry or hilly. If I find one that I can agree with 85% or more and most if not all the big topics we're on the same sheet of music, then I'll be happy to "settle" for that. FFS I even brought myself to vote for stinkin' John Mcain in '08, but that was only after he picked Palin for VP and I figured after he was in office he was so old he would hopefully croak 6 months in. I couldn't even bring myself to vote for barry 2.0 romney even after he selected Ryan who at the time seemed ok, but has since turned out to be pewlosi 2.0 and interestingly enough after making the same "pass it then read it" remarks she did, is now speaker of the house just like her. We are so far up shit creek without a paddle I don't think if George Washington himself came back to life and was elected president he could save the ship, but at least it's worth trying to elect someone with the right ideas (mostly) and the balls to stand up to anyone, even those in his own party.

I like carlys- manner- in that - she expands on why she thinks they way she does. Even if I dont like a position of hers- she lays her logic out.

Back
Top Bottom