Wal-Mart vs. morons

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
We couldn’t be in any worse shape if we could make this happen. .

WALMART FOR PRESIDENT

PLEASE READ ALL! IT SAYS IT ALL ABOUT WHAT A MESS WE ARE IN!

This is quite interesting. Even if you do not forward it, read it all the way to the end.

Wal-Mart vs. Morons (not a joke)

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every
minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell
more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all
year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger
than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears +
Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the
world's largest private employer, and most speak
English.

6. Wal-Mart is the
largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells
more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same
period, 31 big super-market chains sought
bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx
3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super
Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five
years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approxi-mately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and
understood by all Americans … Democrats,
Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature

It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt and ineffective:

a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 237 years to get it right and it is broke.

b. Social Security was
established in 1935. You have had 77 years to
get it right and it is broke.

c. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

d. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 48
years to get it right;
$1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 47 years to get it right and they are
broke.

f. Freddie Mac was estab-lished in 1970. You have had 42 years to get it right and it is broke.

g. The Department of
Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our depen-dence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 35 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our
throats while over-spending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED
WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Folks, keep this circu-lating. It is very well stated. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected' (they never read anything) and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.

AND We have lost our minds to "Political Correctness" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors,
Veterans, Orphans, Homeless, etc.,?????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, Japan and Turkey. And Pakistan . . . previous home of Bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no extra aid nor do they get any special
breaks . . . nadda beyond shopping discounts.

AND Congress wants to freeze Social Security
payments.

You do know that Con-gress voted themselves a pay raise for 2013 ?? Google this . . . it's
true!!!

Jay,

Your post above is probably the best summary I have ever read about what is the cause of our country's economic " mess ". I will definitely pass this along to others . . . Thanks for the post !

One problem starting at point 2, when a store takes in X amount of dollars it's not all profit. The item they sell costs them money, not to mention all the other costs of shipping, employees, the store, lights, shoplifters, etc etc. Making profit is what made this country great, it's not evil, if the govt. ran 1/2 as efficiently as wal-mart, we'd be in a lot better shape. I get so tired of the hating on walmart for no good reason. Could they probably pay their employees a bit more, sure, but $15/hr base wage, gimmie a break.

Last edited:
One problem starting at point 2, when a store takes in X amount of dollars it's not all profit. The item they sell costs them money, not to mention all the other costs of shipping, employees, the store, lights, shoplifters, etc etc. Making profit is what made this country great, it's not evil, if the govt. ran 1/2 as efficiently as wal-mart, we'd be in a lot better shape. I get so tired of the hating on walmart for no good reason. Could they probably pay their employees a bit more, sure, but $15/hr base wage, gimmie a break.

making profit is what destroyed this country. By that way of logic, then slavery was a good thing. My mud-logging friend went to work a month ago for WalMart since all the rigs are shutting down. 8.25 an hour night stocking; the cheapest Obamacare premium is 1400 a month for a family of four, coincidentally exactly what he makes at WalMart a month. He will not be eligible for WalMart insurance (which is more expensive) for five more months. He has decided to mooch as much as possible off the government; there is really no reason to work when you can get more for free.

I agree with the idiocy of 15 dollar an hour min wage.

lol... That song is from Team America: World Police.

making profit is what destroyed this country. By that way of logic, then slavery was a good thing. My mud-logging friend went to work a month ago for WalMart since all the rigs are shutting down. 8.25 an hour night stocking; the cheapest Obamacare premium is 1400 a month for a family of four, coincidentally exactly what he makes at WalMart a month. He will not be eligible for WalMart insurance (which is more expensive) for five more months. He has decided to mooch as much as possible off the government; there is really no reason to work when you can get more for free.

I agree with the idiocy of 15 dollar an hour min wage.

The ability of a person to make money is without question what had drinven this country to greatness. If you really want to use slavery as your big shiny ball, slavery wasn't that profitable, having to pay for housing, feeding, and everything else for a person who even if not being housed well and fed well isn't getting a large return on the labor you get back, If you really want to compare slave owners to people providing jobs then that says more than enough about your mentality criminal acts are criminal acts, stealing is illegal too, but I would save a lot of money if I stole everything I needed, so would a business that needs supplies, they would be more profitable if they stole what they needed to make products so I guess we should just to away with being able to make a profit. If you think capitalism and the free market are so bad try out Cuba or China, of course China is slowly starting to embrace the free market too. A few years ago you could have tried the Soviet Union, but they decided they couldn't afford communism.

As co-owner of a business that pays employees as much as five times minimum wage, I can tell you that many of them manage to plow through all of it with nothing to show but tears at the end of a job. For instance, on mechanical jobs [chilled water systems, HVAC, etc.] I have to pay over 34 dollar an hour. That works out to $1.360 a week, or just over 70,000 a year. Many of my guys drive old rattle buckets and most of them rent houses or trailers. Despite making money in a range between $22.97 and hour and $34.00 an hour, they are perpetually broke. If I lay them off for a while, then chase down some commercial work outside the government, I pay them $12.00 an hour and $20.00 a day per-diem [most of this work is out-of-town] When they make $34 they are just as broke as when they make $12. I can't figure this out. I have 45 year old guys working for me as laborers that are not idiots, they just became either complacent or lazy at some point or another and decided that "this" would be good enough for them.

While I make no argument either way with respect to minimum wage, I always bid my jobs at either the Davis Bacon prevailing wage, the Service Contract Act wage rate, or the commercial rate. These are the rates that drive our industry, and until there is increased demand for labor, and a shortage develops, those wages will never move. Until we bring back manufacturing to the USA, expect them to never move in any direction but down.

Could I pay more? No. Our margins are razor thin because the competition for what little money is being spent is ferocious. Would I like to pay more on commercial work? Sure I would, but if I figured higher wages, I would never win another commercial gig again.

This isn't about my greed or the greed of my partner, it is about the bottom line. We don't do this because we want to create a better society or anything lofty like that; we do it to survive. Period.

The ability of a person to make money is without question what had drinven this country to greatness. If you really want to use slavery as your big shiny ball, slavery wasn't that profitable, having to pay for housing, feeding, and everything else for a person who even if not being housed well and fed well isn't getting a large return on the labor you get back, If you really want to compare slave owners to people providing jobs then that says more than enough about your mentality criminal acts are criminal acts, stealing is illegal too, but I would save a lot of money if I stole everything I needed, so would a business that needs supplies, they would be more profitable if they stole what they needed to make products so I guess we should just to away with being able to make a profit. If you think capitalism and the free market are so bad try out Cuba or China, of course China is slowly starting to embrace the free market too. A few years ago you could have tried the Soviet Union, but they decided they couldn't afford communism.

so WallyWorld using slave labor for their base (Chinese sweatshops) isn't the same thing? Tend to disagree with you there. I do remember when WW proudly claimed to sell only American made products. Now the four Waltons have 40% of the US wealth. linky:
http://gawker.com/the-waltons-are-the-greediest-family-in-the-world-1300311273

so my finding fault with immoral behavior is reflective of something wrong with my mentality? It seems more indicative of an expression of how you think, my friend. Do you approve of the bankers raping this country? The pursuit of profit has absolutely destroyed this country, not built it. Economically, environmentally, morally. Stealing is only illegal for you and I, not the monied.

In a sense WM does steal their supplies, in that they do not pay their employees a living wage, requiring them to seek assistance from the state while also gaining tax breaks from the communities they move into.

so WallyWorld using slave labor for their base (Chinese sweatshops) isn't the same thing? Tend to disagree with you there. I do remember when WW proudly claimed to sell only American made products. Now the four Waltons have 40% of the US wealth. linky:
http://gawker.com/the-waltons-are-the-greediest-family-in-the-world-1300311273

so my finding fault with immoral behavior is reflective of something wrong with my mentality? It seems more indicative of an expression of how you think, my friend. Do you approve of the bankers raping this country? The pursuit of profit has absolutely destroyed this country, not built it. Economically, environmentally, morally. Stealing is only illegal for you and I, not the monied.

In a sense WM does steal their supplies, in that they do not pay their employees a living wage, requiring them to seek assistance from the state while also gaining tax breaks from the communities they move into.

While it's sad and true that walmart doesn't have nearly as many American made products as it used to, that actually proves my point. The combination of ever increasing minimum wages for every teeny bopper flipping a burger 12 hours a week causes all salaries to go up and the unions only make the problem worse with their salary and benefit packages raising salaries to the point where it's nearly impossible to compete with China who literally has billions of people willing to work for pennies on the dollar compared to the U.S. worker. Then you have the politicians that are in bed with unions and banks forcing them to make loans to people who could never pay them back which is the fault of the politicians and banks, not business owners. If you can't look back and see that the U.S. industrial might (that's business not Govt.) is what brought this country to its height of power and the strangling regulations and union demands are what are bringing it down, then I guess you'll never see it. Are there companies or people in companies that practice shady dealings, of course, but you will always have that in everything from govt. to business, to family members, but I'd much rather deal with it in a free market than a govt. controlled economy.

While it's sad and true that walmart doesn't have nearly as many American made products as it used to, that actually proves my point. The combination of ever increasing minimum wages for every teeny bopper flipping a burger 12 hours a week causes all salaries to go up and the unions only make the problem worse with their salary and benefit packages raising salaries to the point where it's nearly impossible to compete with China who literally has billions of people willing to work for pennies on the dollar compared to the U.S. worker. Then you have the politicians that are in bed with unions and banks forcing them to make loans to people who could never pay them back which is the fault of the politicians and banks, not business owners. If you can't look back and see that the U.S. industrial might (that's business not Govt.) is what brought this country to its height of power and the strangling regulations and union demands are what are bringing it down, then I guess you'll never see it. Are there companies or people in companies that practice shady dealings, of course, but you will always have that in everything from govt. to business, to family members, but I'd much rather deal with it in a free market than a govt. controlled economy.

I agree with much of what you say, but the destruction done by business is not exonerated by the unions, banks etc.; they did it on their own. its all about greed. We came to our industrial height of power because the rest of the world was destroyed in WW2 and we were the only game in town. I do see the destruction done by strangling regulations and unions. I am not defending unions, I am not pro union. But without unions we most likely would still have coal mine slavery, sweatshops, "The Jungle" etc. And of course we don't have a "free market" anymore. China has managed to do to their environment in a few decades what took us a century to do in their attempt to 'catch up'. Ultimately, there are too many of us on this rock, and we have been taking the lions share for a while now; historically it's some other empires turn.

A little O/T, perhaps deserving of another thread, but...

We are back from a recent driving trip to see part of my family. Along the way we stopped along I-95 (near Anconaland) where there are two outlet malls across the highway from each other. I had time that evening and asked an employee (who was probably in a position to KNOW) if 2013 was better or worse than last year.

He told me (my words) that 2013 is worse ($ retail traffic) than 2012, and that 2012 was worse than 2011. And both around there as well as in SC I saw LOTS of commercial vacancies...

(I perhaps spent more, hey, they had LOTS of AK ammo and 9mm in stock, I had to go to the bank to get cash, LOL!)

It is getting worse, not better, at least what I SEE vs. the happy talk out of DC.

Prepare accordingly. Bail-ins may be coming. Wealth tax(es) too?

Back
Top Bottom