Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > STS

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #21
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
I don't know how many members here read Mish, but he posted a very relevant video just a little while ago that I want to share here. It is a video discussing transportation and distribution of LNG and should prove at the very least, informational:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...-video-on.html
Old 04-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #22
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 882 times
Originally Posted by 11C1P View Post:
Don't cloud "science" with facts.
the fact that they flare off the gas in ND tells us something though .........
Old 04-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #23
Ground Beetle

Liked: 504 times
Originally Posted by rblong2us View Post:
the fact that they flare off the gas in ND tells us something though .........
N.D. isn't the only place that flares off nat gas. There are at least a couple reasons they do it. Not enough room to store it, and it's just worth enough like oil/gas is to bother building a bunch to try and hold it all. If they started making a lot more vehicles that ran off it, and power plants then the demand might make it worth storing. There isn't enough capacity to ship it either. The farmers here were on the news bitching about the oil companies hogging all the rail capacity driving up shipping prices and making harvested crops sit here in bins, silos and on the ground. Very little pipeline capacity to move it and doesn't look like any new pipelines will be built at least while barry is wasting space at the white house.
11C1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #24
Ground Beetle

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
I don't know how many members here read Mish, but he posted a very relevant video just a little while ago that I want to share here. It is a video discussing transportation and distribution of LNG and should prove at the very least, informational:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...-video-on.html
Now why would they build a big boat that can do all that? It would be hard to do that. Not to mention it just isn't possible, and if it was, it would be expensive so they should just stop now.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #25

Liked: 459 times
Take the quiz fellas..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...al-gas-exports

If you honestly believe that the US is suddenly going to be able to go toe to toe with Russia on natural gas exports, you've fallen for some of the most ridiculous propaganda ever espoused by the MSM.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #26
Ground Beetle

Originally Posted by DSAbug View Post:
Take the quiz fellas..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...al-gas-exports

If you honestly believe that the US is suddenly going to be able to go toe to toe with Russia on natural gas exports, you've fallen for some of the most ridiculous propaganda ever espoused by the MSM.
If you think Putin turning off the gas completely or us paying billions for him to keep it trickling in to the Ukraine is effective, and we can't ship it there for a profit you've fallen for some of the most ridiculous environmentalist and anti-capitals propaganda ever espoused.

They are literally burning the stuff off cause most of the heavily populated areas don't use nat gas for power, so demand in this country is fairly low. Not to mention few vehicle here run of nat gas. Here is a pic of the bakken with all that light coming from one of the LEAST populated parts of our state, most of the population is in the east. That light is the flares!

EDIT: BTW submitting a link written by a character from a crappy movie is pretty sketchy form of back up IMO.

Last edited by 11C1P; 04-10-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #27
Ground Beetle

Looks like they might be making some headway in getting the govt. to get on board. Now if barry would only start approving pipelines & new refineries.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #28

How is that environmentalist propaganda? Nothing in there discounts natural gas as a viable energy source. It explains why US prices are artificially low.

If we've got so much natural gas, why are we importing it? I'm guessing you didn't even read the article because the idea that we could switch to nat gas without billions in infrastructure spending is preposterous. Let alone be able to export it and "save" Europe.

As for bashing zerohedge, you must be new here. Zerohedge is really good.

In fact.. they had another article pop up today that shows how Europe just folded on this issue.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...m-bill-or-else

We have to be realistic and not base our opinions on nationalistic propaganda. We do not have the ability to compete with Russia in the natural gas arena. We consume more nat gas than we produce and import an absolute shit load every year. Obama signing a gas deal wont fix this.
ancona and rblong2us like this.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #29

Oh.. and ANOTHER post that links to a financial times article..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...e-cheniere-ceo

Quote :

Charif Souki, Cheniere’s chief executive, said that the idea of his company’s exports alone liberating Europe from Russia’s Gazprom was “nonsense” and that only six to eight of 20-plus proposed rival export projects were “real”.

The east-west stand-off over Ukraine has sparked a political debate over whether the US should loosen its energy export restrictions so Europeans can buy liquefied natural gas, or LNG, from America’s shale energy boom.

Asked if Cheniere’s terminal could rescue eastern European countries from their dependence on Russia, Mr Souki said: “It’s flattering to be talked about like this, but it’s all nonsense. It’s so much nonsense that I can’t believe anybody really believes it.”
Quote :
Mr Souki said the only ones he considered to be real were the six to eight that had started a separate process – which he said entailed $100m in costs – of gaining permits from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or Ferc, which assesses environmental and safety standards.

“Until somebody tells me they’re willing to spend $100m, I don’t consider them real,” he said.
Quote :
Mr Souki said he had no control over where his customers would sell that LNG. “I’m pretty sure they will be opportunistic and, if they need it for their home market, they will take it for their own markets and, if they don’t need it, it will go somewhere else.”
But what does the CEO of Cheniere know?
Old 04-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #30
Ground Beetle

How is that environmentalist propaganda? Nothing in there discounts natural gas as a viable energy source. It explains why US prices are artificially low.

If we've got so much natural gas, why are we importing it? I'm guessing you didn't even read the article because the idea that we could switch to nat gas without billions in infrastructure spending is preposterous. Let alone be able to export it and "save" Europe.

As for bashing zerohedge, you must be new here. Zerohedge is really good.

In fact.. they had another article pop up today that shows how Europe just folded on this issue.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...m-bill-or-else

We have to be realistic and not base our opinions on nationalistic propaganda. We do not have the ability to compete with Russia in the natural gas arena. We consume more nat gas than we produce and import an absolute shit load every year. Obama signing a gas deal wont fix this.
How do you not know that environmentalists are always blocking ALL forms of energy? They even block the wind power they once said they would be happy with! Not to mention the govt. doesn't block the importation of gas/oil like it messes with the exports. We could easily be 100% non dependent on foreign oil/gas if the govt. & enviro wackos. Yes, I tend not to trust articles written by people who won't put their name to them. If it's some kind of whistleblower, maybe, but not some nobody spouting off about stuff that people know isn't true. Whether you like the technology or not, and whether you'd rather hug trees or bitch about profit margins, the fact is the technology to transport gas DOES exist, and it CAN be done at a profit. Is it possible some rodents & birds might have to relocate a few miles cause of it? Yes. Does that bother me? No. Will us shipping gas to europe solve all the worlds problems, or all of eurposes problems, certainly not but it will definitely help. Keep drilling!
Old 04-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #31
Ground Beetle

Oh.. and ANOTHER post that links to a financial times article..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...e-cheniere-ceo

But what does the CEO of Cheniere know?
Thank you, your own guy agrees.

Quote :
Mr Souki said the only ones he considered to be real were the six to eight that had started a separate process – which he said entailed $100m in costs – of gaining permits from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or Ferc, which assesses environmental and safety standards.

“Until somebody tells me they’re willing to spend $100m, I don’t consider them real,” he said.

Tell the feds to get out of the way and voila! Gas companies used to get huge govt. breaks for research, exploration, and building new facilities. Now they have to pay billions just to have environmental impact studies done, and go through committee and on and on.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #32
Ground Beetle

The loony left enviro-wackos are at it again. Since before I was born, these nut jobs have been saying that oil will run out in 20-50 years and that we've hit "peak oil", yet the peak keeps going up & up. They continually find more sources of oil & new ways to extract previous deposits thought to be unreachable. The idea that natural gas will run out in 50 years is so laughable, I think I could sue for cracking a rib. They keep storing more and MORE nat gas here, all while still burning off tons of the stuff. Even though we have the DAPL finished (finally) they aren't using the freed up rail capacity to ship any nat gas out. This has to be part of an effort by the oil companies to keep cars, power plants & all other manner of things from running on it. It burns MUCH cleaner than gasoline, but I imagine since for the most part it comes out of the ground pretty much ready to use, they can't point to refiner costs or other refiner issues to jack up the price. We need a Henry Ford of nat gas cars to come on the scene & make a good, affordable car that will use clean burning nat gas & then hopefully the masses will see the light.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ignout#image=1