Weatherization-was here

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I am pretty excited. At least some good has come out of the green energy thing.

Workers installed 7 new double hung windows. 3 new larger vents were installed in the attic- duct system in the attic was sealed- hole in kitchen ceiling was patched- an insulation blanket was installed on the attic stair case.

Other work will happen on Monday.

While doing the work- they discovered the chimney needs repair. They have to get an ok to fix that from the office. I guess this was/is dangerous.

I figure it costs $3000-$5000 for the approved work- I am not sure on the chimney part -if it is approved.

There will be no loan to pay back - and no lien on my house.

The guy who cuts my grass insulted me- said- he been in my house and "just saying" it needs alot of work. Well listen RENTER- I own. I did something enough to allow me to OWN-where you are the same age and are just a renter- in a town where you can get a house for $60,000.

The upstairs is quieter now from road noise. I love that! The rooms feel like new!~

In the brutal heat- a double hung window on the 2nd floor can release the hot air faster at night- since you can open it from the top.

This only improves the value of my house. It makes it nicer for me to live.

And the bonus will be lower carrying costs year round.

Yay!

Back
Top Bottom