why do people only see negative in life?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So- at dinner- the lady- (age 79) said 2 of her sisters only see the negative in life- despite being blessed with kids and grandkids.

I listened and nodded.

But then- got to thinking- alot of us do that - why?

I have a habit of snearing in stores- I hate to shop- so I bolt in hair on fire grab my good and head for the get away car. One day I caught a look on my face in the mirror- I actually snear at people!! Why? Well I grew up in chicago- and somehow- if you smile shoppers block the isle- if you snear they give you space.

That may be ok in a store- but might that snear carry over to friends and family??

If so- not good.

Do you snear in stores?

Do you overly see the negatives in life?

If so- how do you smartly remedy this?

I am not saying we must become moony flowers culters- but there is a time and a place for snears/bolt lightening errands.

I guess I see one thing- one thing rich and poor have alike- and that is time. We all have 24 hour in a day. Trillionaie or peasant- you have 24 hours- triple your stack and guess what? You STILL only have 24 hours in a day.

Time is one valueble thing someone can take from you.

Your comments are welcome!

So- at dinner- the lady- (age 79) said 2 of her sisters only see the negative in life- despite being blessed with kids and grandkids.

I listened and nodded.

But then- got to thinking- alot of us do that - why?

I have a habit of snearing in stores- I hate to shop- so I bolt in hair on fire grab my good and head for the get away car. One day I caught a look on my face in the mirror- I actually snear at people!! Why? Well I grew up in chicago- and somehow- if you smile shoppers block the isle- if you snear they give you space.

That may be ok in a store- but might that snear carry over to friends and family??

If so- not good.

Do you snear in stores?

Do you overly see the negatives in life?

If so- how do you smartly remedy this?

I am not saying we must become moony flowers culters- but there is a time and a place for snears/bolt lightening errands.

I guess I see one thing- one thing rich and poor have alike- and that is time. We all have 24 hour in a day. Trillionaie or peasant- you have 24 hours- triple your stack and guess what? You STILL only have 24 hours in a day.

Time is one valueble thing someone can take from you.

Your comments are welcome!

Penn, I think your statement is a little too general. I don't think everyone sees all negative in life. Our perceptions are based on our experiences.

For example, my wife grew up in a third world country and still managed to get a masters along with her nine brothers and sisters excepting one, while her mom still, to this day, works in the rice field. (theres a run on sentence for you).

My mother shot herself when I was six and my father drank himself to death a few years later, then we were adopted into a severe alcoholic family (for the trust fund) and all three children ended living on the street until adulthood.

I spent the first 27 years of my life either incarcerated or running wild on the street. (Eventually got straight and an education).

Bing and I have a wonderful family and marriage and most certainly appreciate what we have. I don't think either of us feel negatively about life, but we are using a different measure than, say, my multi-millionaire sister. (She married into BIG money and as far as I can tell is unhappy, but shes been married 35 years now.)

I have a brother working for ACORN (Obamas thing) and his job is to promote homosexuality and fight family values and religion, both of which he says are made up by the government in order to control people. He seems quit happy to me, although he hates me.

So it's really relative. And FWIW, money does buy more 24 hours. (think health care).

Dan Millman's

appears to be the original source for a story which my older brother told me several years ago and I found very insightful. I'll paraphrase:
An old man and his son worked a small farm, with only one horse to pull the plough. One day the horse ran away.

"How terrible," sympathised the neighbours. "What bad luck".

"Oh well", the farmer replied.

A week later, the horse returned from the mountains, leading five wild mares into the barn.

"What wonderful luck!" said the neighbours.

"Oh well", answered the old man.

The next day, the son, trying to tame one of the horses, fell and broke his leg.

"How terrible, what bad luck!" said the neighbours.

The local warlord sent the army to all the farms to conscript all able bodied young men for war. The farmer's son was of no use to them, so he was spared.

"What wonderful luck!" said the neighbours.

Last edited:
Shows you how much I read Buddhist and Taoist writings. :p

What part of mainstream is NOT negatively presented, or laced with lies and

misgivings. People are sheople, led out to pasture, trimmed, and slaughtered.

It may take initial effort to overcome diffusion of negativity, but one can easily

discard the empathetic practice and learn to deflect negativity.

Care for those who know or are willing to reciprocate. Be strong and keep stacking.

I stand by my comment on time.

Commercials- sales calls- spam-- trolls- red tape- all steal time of which we all get 24-7. Maybe you can by more- but maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom