why is road work poorly planned?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
We are going to rip up the road that goes to all shopping AND the alt route. It will only be for 2 days- but why would you do the main and the alt at the same time?

This happens all the time in PA. But it isnt for 2 days... it can go on for months.

They could not wait a few weeks to after the 25th?

why is road work poorly planned?

So you do not have to do any christmas shopping Penn.

Can you have a word with the road menders around me please ?:wave:

I have to go that way to see the dr. So I cant change my timing.

I've come to believe it's another form of govt. handouts. Around here (and many cold weather states) the joke is there are 2 seasons, winter and road construction. One year they kept F'ing up on section that they started out "improving" not because it was bad, because they felt it could look better. The thing was falling apart before it was finished. They ripped it up 3 straight years before they finally got it right. The company that worked on it (all 3 -years) continues to get fat state contracts for road construction. They work so screwed up, they show up at nine (4 hours after sunrise) and if you drive by at 5:01pm they are all gone (5 hours before dark) they apparently don't know about the phrase make hay while the sun shines! So instead of getting as much done in the summer when you have weather and the daylight as your friend they either don't finish it or try to rush through it on a 40 hour work week that it's not done right. Another road around the same time was being widened out to 5 lanes from a 2 lane road. The guy who got that bid had workers out there by 6 am, they were usually there till at least 8pm and on the weekends I would see guys with slightly nicer "work clothes" doing inspections and making sure everything was right. These guys got done a month ahead of schedule, and the road hasn't needed a single repairs since. This guy's company hasn't won a single state/local contract since. That tells you what you need to know about that whole road construction scam IMO.

Traffic is gridlock. The only place I would go is 4 blocks to the retail grocer. Further then that- everything is under construction.

The worst of it spills over into the next county.

The good news is it is not in front of my house.

Back
Top Bottom