A bear bit my face off so I made it into goulash, says Swedish hunter

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

A bear bit my face off so I made it into goulash, says Swedish hunter​

ASwedish hunter who was bitten in the face by a wild bear before shooting it dead has taken “ultimate revenge” by turning the animal’s meat into tacos, kebabs and a rich goulash.

Pär Sundström, 42, and his 14-year-old son Evert, were hunting in the forest near the town of Ljusdal in central Sweden last August when they spotted the bear coming towards them. It suddenly charged, bowling Mr Sundström to the ground, biting his face and ripping off his right cheek.

His son plucked up the courage to intervene, hitting the bear as hard as he could on the head.

The animal turned on him, biting him on the arm while he kept lashing out with his other arm.

His intervention saved his father’s life and gave him enough time to retrieve his rifle, which had fallen to the ground.

Taking careful aim so that he did not hit his son, Mr Sundström shot the bear dead.

More about cooking bear here:

I always carry a sidearm in addition to a rifle when hunting. Depending on the rifle I also bayonet up as a last resort.

Back
Top Bottom