African miners risking their lives for our gold | 60 Minutes Australia

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

African miners risking their lives for our gold | 60 Minutes Australia​

Aug 23, 2023

14:06

REWIND TO 2009 where in the heart of Africa, millions of Congolese people are being swept up in a deadly gold trade between rebel groups and western companies. On the dangerous mountain sides and rivers, desperate men and women are searching hours on end for buried treasure - all to receive a bucket of dirt for their labour at the end of the day.
In 2023, ethical and human rights violations persist in the Congo as mining remains the primary source of income.

That's just them fighting/stealing from each other. Not ours until they decide to sell it to us.

Poor gaslighting attempt though.

Last edited:
As long as they still have enough children to mine the cobalt and lithium, the ecotards are fine with it.

They should learn coding or install solar panels.

Australian ABC has been waging a war against gold and gold-bugs for some time.

They destroyed Peter Schiff's bullion-based bank, not based in the States. It had no outstanding loan accounts. It was fully liquid, but the ABC slandered it and put pressure on the Puerto Rican banking authorities to revoke Schiff's business charter. Even a buyer was refused...in a full cash sale. The PR banking authorities preferred the bank be liquidated, even though it meant depriving depositors of their funds/bullion.

This is just feeding-the-Narrative. I don't know it, but I'd bet money that the ABC is all onboard for CBDCs. And all that tasty CONTROL it gives the Elites over their lessers.

Wait until they find out, too late, that they themselves are the controlled, not the controllers.

In all fairness the gold krugerrand represents the best value in modern bullion gold sold retail in the USA. There are some oddballs like 100 koronas that can be purchased at spot occasionally, but at Liberty they sell the cheapest ounce coins lower than any other coin on the internet usually spot + $50 - $70. You can get bars cheaper, but those are easily faked and return no premium bonus.

Watch: Illegal gold rush threatens residents, tourism in Pilgrim’s Rest​

Residents, businesses and tourists in Pilgrim’s Rest in Mpumalanga are facing a barrage of illegal miners operating in the well-known Pilgrim’s Creek and very little intervention from authorities. It is believed that organised syndicates are behind the mining activities that see cyanide and mercury dumped straight into the stream.

The zama-zamas operating illegally within 100m of this historic town pose a significant threat to the safety of tourists.

Moreover, they seem to be outpacing legal gold mining operations.

More:

Stands to reason, because Australia, much more so than even Canada, has been penetrated by Chinese "immigration."

My own take on it (do with it what you will) is that China has targeted it for immediate (before North America) colonization. That's why its leaders were strong-armed into Draconian lockdowns and ordering universal Jabbing.

Their disarming predated China's current design on them (the Tasmanian mass-shooting incident, 25 years ago) but it works well for the Chin. Now the populace has been mostly sterilized and is dropping dead, as intended.

Australian ABC has been waging a war against gold and gold-bugs for some time.

They destroyed Peter Schiff's bullion-based bank, not based in the States. It had no outstanding loan accounts. It was fully liquid, but the ABC slandered it and put pressure on the Puerto Rican banking authorities to revoke Schiff's business charter. Even a buyer was refused...in a full cash sale. The PR banking authorities preferred the bank be liquidated, even though it meant depriving depositors of their funds/bullion.

This is just feeding-the-Narrative. I don't know it, but I'd bet money that the ABC is all onboard for CBDCs. And all that tasty CONTROL it gives the Elites over their lessers.

Wait until they find out, too late, that they themselves are the controlled, not the controllers.

Never understood why anyone would think it's a good idea to store their physical bullion somewhere else.

Stands to reason, because Australia, much more so than even Canada, has been penetrated by Chinese "immigration."

My own take on it (do with it what you will) is that China has targeted it for immediate (before North America) colonization. That's why its leaders were strong-armed into Draconian lockdowns and ordering universal Jabbing.

Their disarming predated China's current design on them (the Tasmanian mass-shooting incident, 25 years ago) but it works well for the Chin. Now the populace has been mostly sterilized and is dropping dead, as intended.

Precisely. Australia is ripe for the taking and they have their own politicians to thank for it.

Precisely. Australia is ripe for the taking and they have their own politicians to thank for it.
I'd say the People there have only themselves to thank for it, as they are the ones that let 'em do it.

I'd say the People there have only themselves to thank for it, as they are the ones that let 'em do it.
Did we let Corn Pop take us over? We, the People?

I would posit not-so. We have a rogue bureaucracy that's become an irregular revolutionary army.

Never understood why anyone would think it's a good idea to store their physical bullion somewhere else.
It's obvious to me.

If one has a lack of secure storage, or doubts the stability of his home nation.

What it comes down to, now, is a gamble. NO place is safe. We've seen safe-deposit box companies shut down and the IRS seizing contents, demanding proof of lawful possession before release. That's impossible in many cases - who has receipts for cash? Who has receipts for gold purchased by his father, thirty years ago?

We're seeing, cash seized - no longer JUST from motor-vehicles. Next will be other valuables. Because we're in a Transformation - into a lawless police state.

So you plan to leave, and expect to have to do it suddenly. Sticking 100 krugerrands up your backside, isn't a workable plan for crossing national borders. That's where a (hopefully) secure storage facility, outside your home and outside the Untied Skates, might make some sense.

Did we let Corn Pop take us over? We, the People?

I would posit not-so. We have a rogue bureaucracy that's become an irregular revolutionary army.
Yea, but it got there to begin with with via the vast majority of people supporting it.

Back
Top Bottom