Amsterdam, Sick of Partying Tourists, Says No Thanks

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Amsterdam, Sick of Partying Tourists, Says No Thanks​

Amsterdam has a message for tourists who want to party hard while visiting the city: Stay away.

The Netherlands’ capital plans to launch a deterrence campaign later this month aimed at tourists who go wild during their visits. In addition to new ads, the city has proposed rules in its infamous Red Light District, such as a ban on smoking marijuana in the street, earlier weekend closing times for bars, clubs and sex-work establishments and reduced alcohol sales.

Amsterdam’s liberal rules for drugs and prostitution have long attracted travelers looking to let loose, but officials say they are taking it too far and harming the quality of life for residents.

They had a real nice Red-Light district, and then all ***THOSE PEOPLE*** came in. And it all went to hell.

Let me cogitate on that. How do you have a nice vice district? Are the girls all trained in manners, as they show their privates from their display windows?

Can anybody imagine a college spring break where weed, alcohol and prostitution are legal and unlimited?

I once had an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam while traveling for business. There was a kiosk inside the Amsterdam airport for booking city tours, so I booked a 3 hour tour and rode around the city in a bus with other tourists and got to see a lot of the city. It's a really fascinating place with modern day construction (buildings) mixed in with architecture from any era stretching back to the 1400s. I would have enjoyed spending more time on my own to explore the city, but not during Spring Break and not for "vice tourism".

I once had an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam while traveling for business. There was a kiosk inside the Amsterdam airport for booking city tours, so I booked a 3 hour tour and rode around the city in a bus with other tourists and got to see a lot of the city. It's a really fascinating place with modern day construction (buildings) mixed in with architecture from any era stretching back to the 1400s. I would have enjoyed spending more time on my own to explore the city, but not during Spring Break and not for "vice tourism".
Agree. I spent a day in Amsterdam and also took a bus tour. Beautiful city. I would have loved to have walked the streets and photographed the architecture.

I did go to the State Museum. Stood in a line of 1,000 to get in. Then I couldn't see anything because the Dutch are so tall!

I lost my ganja. I forgot where I put it in a safe place?

Back
Top Bottom