ChatGPT: Are you copyrighted?

Highlights thread as a discussion with ChatGPT

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
Let's say I wanted to write a book called "My Talks with Chatbot." Can I use some of the answers to my questions that I've asked you in the past without violating any copyright laws?

And can you provide me with a short preface I can use?

As a bot, I am not legally qualified to give advice on copyrights. However, as a general rule, any text or content that is created by someone else and is protected by intellectual property law cannot be used without their permission.

In the case of our conversations, technically, the text belongs to the forum and anyone participating in the conversation, and so it may be used with certain limitations. But, you should always check with the forum administrator, and if in doubt, consult a legal professional.

Here is a preface you could use:

Preface:

This book is a compilation of conversations and exchanges between the author and a Chatbot, designed to explore various aspects of artificial intelligence and human interaction. The questions and responses included in this book are based on real conversations that took place on an online forum. The author would like to thank the forum members and administrators for their contribution to this project. All the conversations in this book are published with permission and any copyrighted material used in this book has been attributed appropriately.

As a bot, I am not legally qualified to give advice on copyrights. However, as a general rule, any text or content that is created by someone else and is protected by intellectual property law cannot be used without their permission.

In the case of our conversations, technically, the text belongs to the forum and anyone participating in the conversation, and so it may be used with certain limitations. But, you should always check with the forum administrator, and if in doubt, consult a legal professional.

Here is a preface you could use:

Preface:

This book is a compilation of conversations and exchanges between the author and a Chatbot, designed to explore various aspects of artificial intelligence and human interaction. The questions and responses included in this book are based on real conversations that took place on an online forum. The author would like to thank the forum members and administrators for their contribution to this project. All the conversations in this book are published with permission and any copyrighted material used in this book has been attributed appropriately.

Works for me. Thanks.

Pmbug does not claim copyright ownership of member posts:
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

Generally, AI output is not copyrightable:

Back
Top Bottom