Are you worried about your cell phone security?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Our phones spy. I can be talking about an off the wall subject with friends. 10 minutes later an advertisement for the weird subject or product shows up on FB. I take my cell phone out of the room if I am discussing senstive subject. I threw Alexa away a few years ago.

Amazing that it has a functioning rotary dial. It won't be long (if it hasn't already happened) before kids won't even know how a rotary dial phone works. LOL!

dial.jpg

Is there an operating system alternative to Google? Something like Linux for phones?

The RUSP sounds like it would be a fun project to tinker with. Thanks for sharing.

OS discussed in Joe King's post above

GrapheneOS

The private and secure mobile operating system with Android app compatibility. Developed as a non-profit open source project.

Our cars can now rat on us. If you are reading this...

A lot of rave reviews for GrapheneOS on Youtube.

Ironically, GrapheneOS requires a Google Pixel phone.

Screenshot_20221024_083306.jpg

ham radio - at least for local conversations

to talk long distance you REALLY need to have a little stronger transmitter than the standard 5w of power of a hand held ham radio

at LEAST 100 w or more to talk AROUND the country or the world

I've had my ham license for at least 20 years

Never Share Your Phone With A Stranger | Offline Digital Security Tips​

Feb 12, 2022

Usually, on this channel, we talk to you about the dangers of the ONLINE jungle. But cybercrime has long gone beyond hackers lurking in on the web, sending you phishing links or cracking databases. Today, in order to frame a person (or perhaps you), it is enough just to borrow a phone to make a quick call. 16:36

Chapters:
00:00 - Intro 02:45 - Unstructured Supplementary Service Data 03:50 - Number Block Code 07:46 - All world's Smartphone 08:55 - Pictures Of Home 10:51 - Big Brother Is Watching You 12:56 - Hard Candy 15:29 - Conclusion

I found the ultimate form of security:

I no longer have a "smart" phone.

Even when I did, I NEVER used it with any relation to money.

Photos, yeah, there were some that could be compromising. Photographing passwords.

But someone who was trying to hack me, wouldn't have much fun. No banks, no Internet history...only maps and weather.

Back
Top Bottom