Avalanche (AVAX)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Avalanche (AVAX) is up 24% today on this news:
J.P.Morgan Chase & Co.’s (NYSE: JPM) Onyx and Apollo Global have teamed up to launch a proof-of-concept (PoC) with Avalanche (CRYPTO: AVAX) under the Monetary Authority of Singapore's Project Guardian, as reported on its blog.

More:

By "digitize", he means tokenize. Avalanche appears to have made inroads with traditional finance (TradFi) partnerships to tokenize financial assets. There is institutional interest in AVAX.

... Avalanche appears to have made inroads with traditional finance (TradFi) partnerships to tokenize financial assets. There is institutional interest in AVAX.

The native token of Avalanche (AVAX) surged 97% over the past month, the most among large-cap digital assets, benefitting from news that finance giants JPMorgan and Apollo are using the network to test real-world-asset tokenization.

Twitter thread (click below to see the whole thread) from Avalanche highlights a few projects in development from JPM, Citi and Republic:

As far as I knew, Avalanche (AVAX) was really pushing to position itself as the leading player in the tokenization of financial and real world assets (working with large banks and Wall Street). So this surprised me a bit today:

They built a video game economic platform (GUNZ) that handles in game currency, game item creation/management and in game buy/sell marketplace features. They are rolling out a game (Off the Grid) on XBOX that uses this GUNZ engine. I've been expecting something along these lines for a few years now, but I didn't expect Avalanche to be the first platform that realized commercial success with it (and they still might not - it could flop). If it is successful, it could end up being a significant growth driver for Avalanche.

As far as I knew, Avalanche (AVAX) was really pushing to position itself as the leading player in the tokenization of financial and real world assets (working with large banks and Wall Street). ...

Case in point:
More:

So they can know and track exactly what you own. I don't see that as a good thing.

"They" can know and track what a wallet owns. You can make as many wallets as you want and transfer assets around. YMMV.

Follow up to my previous post about the Citi tokenization project on Avalanche (AVAX):

Citi's report (8 page .PDF):

Avalanche rolled out an upgrade a few days ago and it seems to be working though I don't really understand exactly what it does:

The news appears to have been positive as AVAX has been climbing since the upgrade went live (up 13.5% in the last 24 hours).

Avalanche seems to be very busy working to assert itself in the world of finance from payment gateways to asset tokenization while partnering with significant players from Citi to Alipay.

They built a video game economic platform (GUNZ) that handles in game currency, game item creation/management and in game buy/sell marketplace features. They are rolling out a game (Off the Grid) on XBOX that uses this GUNZ engine. ...

Some serious money backing this project. It could be huge not just for Avalanche, but for the development of crypto economy powered games in general (across different crypto platforms).

I don't know anything about the diamond market, but it is fascinating to see how the development of RWA tokenization is developing. Avalanche looks to be a major player in this space.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…