Better have some silver bullets on hand tonight

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Halloween!

moon_day_WanG_90.jpg

October 31
Waning Gibbous
Illumination: 91%

Full moon was this past weekend and the weirdos conclude tonight.

Haven't had any crotch spawn make it past the guard dogs in twenty-five years. Tonight shouldn't be any different. Kids today just don't have the gumption that we did when we were their age. All you have to do is scale a gate and make it down a 900-foot driveway without getting mauled by 200-pound Russian guard dogs. Back in my day, we would have let the girls have an easy job like that. Kids today are soft.

nikita1.jpg

I live in the burbs and we have not participated in Trick or Treat time in years (since our own kids got too old for it). We leave the porch lights off and kids/families know to skip our house. For a few years there, our entire street was dark and no one even walked our street. Dynamics have changed a bit as some folks moved away and young parents with kiddos have moved in, but I'm still not planning on answering the door tonight.

I'm already halfway through a bag of 100 Grand bars.

I live in the burbs and we have not participated in Trick or Treat time in years (since our own kids got too old for it). We leave the porch lights off and kids/families know to skip our house. For a few years there, our entire street was dark and no one even walked our street. Dynamics have changed a bit as some folks moved away and young parents with kiddos have moved in, but I'm still not planning on answering the door tonight.
Only go to homes you know. That seems to be the rule now.

Friday was Beggar's Night, apparently. I had no knocks - in my 60-plus community, it used to be how the grandkids would make the rounds of Grandma's friends, an hour after supper. A card or porcelain pumpkin by the door indicated participants.

But I didn't hear ANY knocking this weekend. There were a few teens wandering around in what used to be called Goth makeup, and torn jeans...but I didn't see anything more imaginative. Part of it, I suspect, is that we've had a high turnover and a lot of funerals. Gee, how strange. We're about 90-percent Jabbed to schedule.

Halloween's become a comedown. When I was a rug-rat we had the run of six long suburban blocks, with a dark woods at the dead-end of one street. We had the run of it, and we'd be out till 11.

Of course, it was my generation that introduced malicious vandalism, too. Prior to that, it was pranks, like tipping outhouses or throwing toilet paper into trees. Political signs used to be big in our neighborhood, and out about that time - we'd pull them out and staple them upside down, or backwards so the white backing showed to the road.

Then came the leaf fires, the jack o'lanterns tossed into traffic in the road, and...down the highway, in Detroit...Devil's Night.

Now it's over. It's become a holiday for grownups; kids have enough real fears, given by their demented lesbian teachers. For me...Fright Night is every night, now that we're at a perfect storm of no borders, a 20-million invasion; Wiemar money-printing, the War On Farming...the Jab Campaign...endless gaslighting from media liars...and an installed puppet pResident who was a traitor even before going senile.

Back
Top Bottom