BOLTR: Dirty Secrets of Harbor Freight HERCULES | Better than DeWALT?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reminds me of ink jet printers. Cheap as frig, but the 'screwin' comes when you have to buy the consumables: INK!
While the printer is designed to tell you it's time for new ink cartridges even though there's 80% left. Then there's a secret code needed to bypass the built in obsolescence. One of the biggest scams going.

home made from a recycled computer monitor base, a switch housing from an old cell phone charger, a 'handle' made of 12ga wire with two eyelets bolted to base, some left over spray paint, a battery adapter that I purchased and, because it has no light, is of little use to me (other than this project), some left over wiring, a few new connectors and two switches, and a set of LED lights i bought for less than $12

estimated total: $15.00 but tossing in that adapter, repurposing isn't the exact same thing, but, that was nearly $20 a while back, so, $35 for my new LED work light set

imho, better than 'on par' with anything on line selling for $60 or more, plus pride in the fact i know 'I Didn't Build It' (yeah, we all relate)

side note:
Beware!
if purchasing LED lights from the Chinesium country, take with a grain of salt what they claim will be the output of the lights, some rate it lm, some watts, some will simply show a picture of a fence being illuminated, at night...lol

this set of lights I bought, they're smaller than two other light's I bought
(the two other lights) they were pre-assembled and made directly for my battery packs at $35 each, and each one of those pre-assembled light assys, has only one light, they produce a bit 'bluer' light and seem to be on equal luminescence as one of my two new light assemblies

the preassembled were rated at 56 watts each, iirc, while the 'new' set i received were rated at 27 watts each...yet they produce nearly identical light patterns and output...that's my experience and after watching a few YT videos on luminescence testing...yeah, DYODD

2¢ but in this case, i shopped the price and got a product that will produce more than enough light output for anything i'm doing, they work satisfactorily...

here's a photo:

1667756533637.jpeg

and the hot glue on that switch box, it's got a rivet inside to hold the base to the main base, but it didn't quite fit the taper so, filler was required, and a bit was applied to hold the top onto the base, i hate when things 'pop open' during use...i'll pick most of the visible stuff off over the next few times of operation

hobbies and some skill can make life a bit 'better'

(i finished it two nights ago)

home made from a recycled computer monitor base, a switch housing from an old cell phone charger, a 'handle' made of 12ga wire with two eyelets bolted to base, some left over spray paint, a battery adapter that I purchased and, because it has no light, is of little use to me (other than this project), some left over wiring, a few new connectors and two switches, and a set of LED lights i bought for less than $12

estimated total: $15.00 but tossing in that adapter, repurposing isn't the exact same thing, but, that was nearly $20 a while back, so, $35 for my new LED work light set

imho, better than 'on par' with anything on line selling for $60 or more, plus pride in the fact i know 'I Didn't Build It' (yeah, we all relate)

side note:
Beware!
if purchasing LED lights from the Chinesium country, take with a grain of salt what they claim will be the output of the lights, some rate it lm, some watts, some will simply show a picture of a fence being illuminated, at night...lol

(the two other lights) they were pre-assembled and made directly for my battery packs at $35 each, and each one of those pre-assembled light assys, has only one light, they produce a bit 'bluer' light and seem to be on equal luminescence as one of my two new light assemblies

the preassembled were rated at 56 watts each, iirc, while the 'new' set i received were rated at 27 watts each...yet they produce nearly identical light patterns and output...that's my experience and after watching a few YT videos on luminescence testing...yeah, DYODD

2¢ but in this case, i shopped the price and got a product that will produce more than enough light output for anything i'm doing, they work satisfactorily...

here's a photo:

View attachment 2388

and the hot glue on that switch box, it's got a rivet inside to hold the base to the main base, but it didn't quite fit the taper so, filler was required, and a bit was applied to hold the top onto the base, i hate when things 'pop open' during use...i'll pick most of the visible stuff off over the next few times of operation

Crafty. Any idea what the lumen output is?

iirc, they stated these at 900lm each while the other ones are 'rated' at well over 2klm each, 2200??? not certain, and the preassembled get a lot 'warmer' than these do

i was playing with the two in the yard a few nights ago, maybe i'll have to play some more to get really 'scientific' about it all

side note: on ebay, they pulled these 'new lights' off the market, i'm gonna guess they're gonna reprice them as the next closest set were just under $20 for the pair...i got 'lucky' is how this fits into my narrative, good timing

iirc, they stated these at 900lm each while the other ones are 'rated' at well over 2klm each, 2200??? not certain, and the preassembled get a lot 'warmer' than these do

i was playing with the two in the yard a few nights ago, maybe i'll have to play some more to get really 'scientific' about it all

side note: on ebay, they pulled these 'new lights' off the market, i'm gonna guess they're gonna reprice them as the next closest set were just under $20 for the pair...i got 'lucky' is how this fits into my narrative, good timing
Do watch Big Clive at all?

yeah buttttt.....

in HD the other day and i saw a guy at the 'return desk' seeking to get a warranty on a Milwaukee tool, it appeared to be a 'driver' of some type

he was handed a slip of paper, told to call them, they'll help him from there...

means shipping costs and packing and all that which means:
there will be a percentage of guys tossing their broken stuff into the garbage, buying a new one because they can't wait

at HF, walk in and walk out with a replacement tool, depending on your warranty level as the other option is You Should Have Bought The Extended Warranty, and you get nothing anyways

ymmv and you're situation needs to take that into account

like any 'good' repair guy, you're gonna have extras if only because your paycheck relies on having that tool available, right now, not three weeks or three months from now

warranties on these tools have a long way to go, we're no longer in Craftsman / Sears territory (or HF's either)

your mileage may vary
The Circuit Guy...;)

yes, while i've tried to get into something that's smaller than a dime, 'naturally' my eyesight has never been on the miniature...you should see my writing, big block letters

i've decided to leave some things for others to learn and master and if i ever need 'em, i kinda know who to ask

what i do is, i've got a 'smart TV', that's a BS title, however, i kinda float to whatever is at the top of the list, one day it's about megalithic construction, the next it's about Egyptian history...did you know, in the early 1800's there was a French iirc, father and son team who quite literally made up a lot of what they delivered for compensation and prestige, fraudulent artifacts along with a fraudulent narrative

and today, there are huge professional circles who agree to these deceptions however, some will ignore this 'new understanding' if only to push forward their own failed narrative, as there's still profit to be made by obfuscation of the past, re-writing the past is more lucrative when the communists are in control and if you can provide art work along with your 'story' you'll be rolling in prestige before you know it

strange thing, except for the brutality that mankind has shown, especially from the leadership, but the streets know it's sting also, is the perpetual need to lie and continue said lie(s) until the cows come home...

but i keep asking: when they've slaughtered all the cows, then what?

side note:
Beware!

here's a photo:

View attachment 2388

How is the charger affixed. More pix please

How is the charger affixed. More pix please

A schematic perhaps?
it's cordless, uses one of my black and decker 20 volt battery packs, so, it's not for 're-charging'

let's see: two wires from battery over to switch assy
i do my magic inside, two switches, two lights...all common black wire ground, straight 20 volt juice...one switch for one light, one switch for the other...

(im not being a richard, idk, i just see the circuit and build it...some times it can get 'confusing' with all the 'choices' i can think of...pffttt, just 'natural' i suppose)

i got my inspiration from this:
1667962680388.png

but i discovered the other night, the battery adapter i've used, it doesn't turn off when a battery is installed so, i'm gonna have to splurge $6 for what's called a Power Wheels adapter, i guess those kids electric vehicles work great from a 20v battery pack, i'll install this in place of what i've got now and it'll work perfectly allowing me to keep a battery in-place and run it down for several days instead of the minor-leakage the current adapter uses...the current one has a 12v 5.5mm f socket and two 5v usb ports so, the CB requires milliamps all the time, the replacement will just be the just the power connector from the battery to the lights (switch pack), nothing else to run

i'm attempting to keep my tools all operating from the exact same type of battery pack so i can have a charging station of six stations and they're all the same, interchangeability is what i need for longevity

(in fact, i message Stanley and told them they should make battery adapters across all of their lines so anyone with one pack can select a tool from another 'sister label' and then, buy that adapter...ka ching...they messaged back, they can't do anything with it because it's not patented by me...i didn't respond . . . but, tell ya what, i'm patiently waiting for that to 'come out', yuck yukc)

i've mentioned once somewhere, i'm toying with ideas with what to do with the old cells and poking a hole in one of them is still on my bucket list...but i just don't have the time or 'stuff' to do it 'properly' so, the hunt for the 'stuff' begins...add this to the list of crap i'm 'looking for'

Buck, when are you unveiling your perpetual motion generator?
sad to say, it'll hit the market the moment i find a way to separate that pacific ocean fast enough to beat out Chevron

1667963991440.png

hey, here's something i wrote down, last night, after nearly 8 beers, sums it up as simply as i could write...note the unsurety of the spelling...block letters....

Water Notes - Copy - Copy.jpg
to summarize: 3 gallons to get enough hydrogen to drive 8 miles versus 1 gallon of gasoline to travel anywhere from 10 to 60 miles depending on what you haul and what you're driving...

another thread on this, just saying, it's tough to 'beat the truth'

Perpetual Motion Only Exists In The Mind of a Dreamer...so, someone slap 'em back awake, would ya?

(i'm getting another beer)

Bored of lame tool reviews? Meet Makita's new Hypoid Saw.​

30m

Back
Top Bottom