Border Security - Immigration

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ICE will face a $500 million budget shortfall for border security unless Congress takes action, officials say​

When border security provisions were stripped from the national security supplemental bill in the Senate last week because of Republican opposition, a doomsday clock began ticking for cities struggling to cope with an influx of migrants and federal agencies bracing for a new surge at the border.

Two Department of Homeland Security officials told NBC News Immigration and Customs Enforcement is now forecasting a budget shortfall of over $500 million unless Congress takes action. Other areas of the department, including Customs and Border Protection, are facing similar shortfalls, they said.

At that rate, key areas of ICE operations could run out of money by May, the officials said.

Under the bipartisan border deal, DHS was supposed to get more than $15 billion to do things Republicans had demanded, such as deporting more migrants and stopping fentanyl smuggling.

More:

They aren't doing much anyway, so ....

They aren't doing much anyway, so ....
Oh but they are doing so, so much. They are ignoring existing law and wasting their current funds by facilitating the illegal entry of foreign nationals into our country.

Had they not done that, they wouldn't be running out of money and we'd have 10 million fewer illegals in the nation.

DHS was supposed to get more than $15 billion to do things Republicans had demanded,
But nothing about keeping them out to begin with.

I hope the next 10 million all end up in Philadelphia.

I hope the next 10 million all end up in Philadelphia.

We got all flavors here. Bells Corner (NE Philly hood) so many Russians that some of the street signs are in both English & Russian.

I'm in the suburbs, whole lotta Indians, Hispanics and some Russians. Lotta Indians own businesses, so do some Hispanics.

Interested in another rental property so I look around when I'm out and about. Found 2 places near each other. Looked them up through the county board of assessment. Got a name (Hispanic) and looked up the name. Guy (maybe front for a group - who knows) owns around 20 properties throughout the county. Dug around some more and found he's an immigrant from Mexico and has been here around 30 years. Started out as landscaper now owns his own landscaping company - and the houses. Some opened up food places.

Indians have restaurants, stores and a lot of gas stations. Some in Mcmansions. Had a group (living in a 2-street neighborhood) actually ask the township if it could be all Indians. Didn't happen the way they wanted, gotta give em credit for trying. Lotta their kids make school honor rolls.

My people have been here a good while, Flushed themselves outta a couple of shit holes in Europe a long time ago. Guess they wanted something better.

Pew Research Center

How Americans View the Situation at the U.S.-Mexico Border, Its Causes and Consequences​

The growing number of migrants seeking entry into the United States at its border with Mexico has strained government resources, divided Congress and emerged as a contentious issue in the 2024 presidential campaign.

Americans overwhelmingly fault the government for how it has handled the migrant situation. Beyond that, however, there are deep differences – over why the migrants are coming to the U.S., proposals for addressing the situation, and even whether it should be described as a “crisis.”

More here:

For more on Americans’ reactions to policy proposals, visit Chapter 3.

Democrats embrace tougher border enforcement, seeing Trump’s demolition of deal as a ‘gift’​

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate’s border proposal was one of the toughest bipartisan bills to emerge on the issue in decades. Yet it quickly collapsed when Republicans — galvanized by Donald Trump, the likely Republican presidential nominee — rejected the compromise as insufficient.

Now Democrats see an opening.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer called Trump’s rejection of the border legislation “a gift” for Democrats and said they plan to “constantly over the next year” remind voters that it was Republicans who torpedoed the deal. And he says the strategy has already paid dividends, with Democrat Tom Suozzi, who campaigned on tougher border enforcement, winning a special election this week in New York, flipping a House seat away from Republicans.

More:

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer called Trump’s rejection of the border legislation “a gift” for Democrats and said they plan to “constantly over the next year” remind voters that it was Republicans who torpedoed the deal.
So in other words they are going to lie to the American public about it.

Joe used EO's to create the mess at the border, so he can fix it using EO's too. That a new law is somehow needed in order to fix it is just another democrat lie.
....but keep repeating it for 'em Searcher. lol

Joe used EO's to create the mess at the border, so he can fix it using EO's too. That a new law is somehow needed in order to fix it is just another democrat lie.
....but keep repeating it for 'em Searcher. lol

I've said it before...........both sides are using this as a political football to give them something to sell to the American people.

Onward and upward.........in post 124 I mentioned Bell's Corner.

Tomorrow may be the day that Judge Engoron issues judgement in Trump's NY fraud case. Could be a biggie. I'm thinking north of 300 million, no longer allowed to conduct business in NY and more. Whaddya think?

I've said it before...........both sides are using this as a political football to give them something to sell to the American people.
The only side using it as that, is the guy you voted for.

It is a fact that he used EO's to allow what is happening, and it is a fact that he already has the authority to issue new EO's to fix the problems his prior EO's created.

Edited to add: only stupid people believe he can't fix it with existing laws.

The only side using it as that, is the guy you voted for.

It is a fact that he used EO's to allow what is happening, and it is a fact that he already has the authority to issue new EO's to fix the problems his prior EO's created.

Edited to add: only stupid people believe he can't fix it with existing laws.

You can let the prez know exactly how you feel here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

If you contact him, I'd be interested to see his reply. Usually it's a form letter, not really substantive.

You can let the prez know exactly how you feel here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

If you contact him, I'd be interested to see his reply. Usually it's a form letter, not really substantive.
Wtf would I wanna do that? I was pointing out to you that your statement about both sides "doing it", is wrong. Your guy, and your guy alone, created the problem at the border, no one else. The ONLY reason the dems are saying anything about the border now, is due to the fact that Joe is seen to be losing his bid for reelection. So suddenly they want to do something about it, but the mean old Republicans won't let them?

What a load of crap! If the polls were showing traitor joe as winning, they'd still be ignoring the problem, same as they have for the past three years.

Joe caused the problem by using EO's to loosen the entry process that allows millions to enter who previously would not have been permitted to.

He could put it all back with EO's too. Anyone who says otherwise is a lying POS who clearly hates America.

^^^ those two things are indeed facts. Anyone saying Joe can't fix it right now, is in fact a lying pos.
....and a person would in fact have to be stupid to not see that what can be done via EO's couldn't also be un-done with EO's.

Does explicitly say that existing immigration/border laws are to be enforced, and that anyone caught crossing outside of a port of entry is to arrested, given a jail sentence and then deported? Does it end the fake asylum claims? Does it allow for mass (and rapid) deportation of the fake asylum seekers already here?

If it doesn't do all of those things, it"s just more clap trap BS being pushed by those who hate America and it's Founding principles.

Go to any big city in Florida and you will see dozens in parking lots at Home Depot and 7-11. The females are very annoying ofyen drink8ng a soda and running their mouths at the cashier while talking on a cell phone and eating a bag of chips.

Why the Border Bill Fell Apart in the Senate | WSJ​

Feb 19, 2024

Congress has spent decades attempting and failing to pass bipartisan legislation on U.S. immigration and border security. Immigration continues to be a divisive issue in American politics as the past few years, there’s been a record number of illegal crossings on the U.S.’s southern border.
WSJ political correspondent Molly Ball explains how the latest border bill fell apart even before it reached the Senate floor, and what it means in an election year.

6:27

0:00 Bipartisan bill
0:45 Immigration in recent American politics
2:14 How this bill played out
3:50 Trump4:48 Mayorkas
5:28 What's next?

^^^ what a load of crap! Never do they explain WHY new legislation is needed. Just a bunch of gaslighting by saying republicans are the problem.
Laws already on the books are more than adequate to deal with the problem. The lady in your vid herself called it illegal immigration. I know for a fact that there are already laws covering that.

Some of Bigherc's vids are pretty good. If you watch this one, take it fwiw and dyodd.

Intentional, create problems, disrupt. It's a shit show......no matter how you look at it.

This Was The Plan From Day One. Did You Drink The Kool-Aid?​

Feb 22, 2024

11:40

another illegal gets his just deserts
FAFO

too bad he didn't learn English...

warning blood and brains

Adams calls for change to New York City’s sanctuary city laws in harshest statement yet​

NEW YORK — Mayor Eric Adams wants migrants “suspected” of major crimes turned over to federal immigration officials — a proposal that would curtail New York’s sanctuary city policy.

His call for a rollback of the rules — his clearest criticism yet of laws collectively protecting people from deportation — won immediate praise from Republicans who have railed against illegal immigration.

“I want to go back to the standards of the previous mayors who I believe subscribe to my belief that people who are suspected of committing serious crimes in this city should be held accountable,” Adams told reporters at City Hall.

Asked about due process for anyone accused of a crime, the mayor added, “They didn’t give due process to the person that they shot or punched or killed.”

NEW YORK — Mayor Eric Adams wants migrants “suspected” of major crimes turned over to federal immigration officials — a proposal that would curtail New York’s sanctuary city policy.
Why only major crimes? Should be any crimes.

The idea that any gov in America would protect criminal immigrants (legal or illegal), is insanity.

Why do we want to import people who would immediately resort to criminal activity? How does that help our nation? Why would ANY American be ok with that?

To be ok with that, would be to support a gov that actively protects those who would make victims of them.

How any rational person could be in favor of that, eludes me.

Wtf would I wanna do that? I was pointing out to you that your statement about both sides "doing it", is wrong. Your guy, and your guy alone, created the problem at the border, no one else. The ONLY reason the dems are saying anything about the border now, is due to the fact that Joe is seen to be losing his bid for reelection. So suddenly they want to do something about it, but the mean old Republicans won't let them?

What a load of crap! If the polls were showing traitor joe as winning, they'd still be ignoring the problem, same as they have for the past three years.

Joe caused the problem by using EO's to loosen the entry process that allows millions to enter who previously would not have been permitted to.

He could put it all back with EO's too. Anyone who says otherwise is a lying POS who clearly hates America.

democrats22.jpg

Adams calls for change to New York City’s sanctuary city laws in harshest statement yet​

His call for a rollback of the rules — his clearest criticism yet of laws collectively protecting people from deportation — won immediate praise from Republicans who have railed against illegal immigration.

“I want to go back to the standards of the previous mayors who I believe subscribe to my belief that people who are suspected of committing serious crimes in this city should be held accountable,” Adams told reporters at City Hall.

Asked about due process for anyone accused of a crime, the mayor added, “They didn’t give due process to the person that they shot or punched or killed.”

You know that Mayor Adams has gotten slapped upside the head by reality. When was the last time you heard a democrat saying that someone should be held accountable? :ROFLMAO:

When was the last time you heard a democrat saying that someone should be held accountable?
They say it in unison about Trump, like a flock of parrots.
Edited to add: or is it sheep? Lol

They just don't say it about their own. They cover for their own.

They say it in unison about Trump, like a flock of parrots.
Edited to add: or is it sheep? Lol

They just don't say it about their own. They cover for their own.

It's bad enough that they are actually stupid enough to believe that a crackhead thrown out of the military was just being given millions and millions of dollars by foreign governments for no good reason whatsoever, but for them to think that we are that stupid is rather insulting.

It's bad enough that they are actually stupid enough to believe that a crackhead thrown out of the military was just being given millions and millions of dollars by foreign governments for no good reason whatsoever, but for them to think that we are that stupid is rather insulting.
I just saw a vid where they said he was supposedly hired/paid by those companies due to his extensive resume.

Lol

I been searching for it, but so far have not been able to find it.

@searcher , can ya help find it? I'd love to read it and post it.

No, I meant his actual resume. I'm sure it'd be a real hoot to read.

Can't find his actual resume but here's 2 links with all sorts of stuff.

- In his 53 years, Hunter Biden has experienced tragedy, wealth and privilege, drug addiction and legal travails — none of which would have drawn much public attention were it not for its intersection with his father’s career as United States senator, vice president and, now, president. Hunter’s business activities in particular, especially in Ukraine during his father’s vice presidency, raised ethical concerns. The GOP-led House of Representatives is pressing ahead with an impeachment inquiry that focuses on whether the president ever financially benefited from his son’s foreign investment deals. To help make sense of this complex story, The Fact Checker has assembled this timeline of key moments in Hunter’s life.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden

No, I meant his actual resume. I'm sure it'd be a real hoot to read.

His "extensive" resume, huh? :lmao:

Let's see. Dishonorable discharge for using drugs means he will never qualify for a security clearance. Deadbeat dad - another reason for no security clearance. Knew nothing about energy companies and did not speak Ukrainian. But, hey, let's offer him $83,000 a month and see if he's worth anything. I cannot even begin to fathom just how stupid the people are who are actually believing that crap.

Can't find his actual resume but here's 2 links with all sorts of stuff.

- In his 53 years, Hunter Biden has experienced tragedy, wealth and privilege, drug addiction and legal travails — none of which would have drawn much public attention were it not for its intersection with his father’s career as United States senator, vice president and, now, president. Hunter’s business activities in particular, especially in Ukraine during his father’s vice presidency, raised ethical concerns. The GOP-led House of Representatives is pressing ahead with an impeachment inquiry that focuses on whether the president ever financially benefited from his son’s foreign investment deals. To help make sense of this complex story, The Fact Checker has assembled this timeline of key moments in Hunter’s life.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden

The Fact Checker, huh? :lmao:

fact checkers5.jpg

Fact check this. If Hunter's dad wasn't a Senator and then a Vice President, Hunter couldn't get a job at the local Wendy's.

The only ones playing politics with this issue is the Stalinists/democrats.

Your guy caused the problem using Executive authority, so he can fix it using that same authority.
Ie: no new laws are needed.

Anyone who thinks/says he can't, is a liar.

Vid from before the Stalinists/democrats showed their true colors, and were still able to fool people.

So is he a liar there? Or did he sell out at some point afterwards?
.....because he sure don't talk like that these days.

Back
Top Bottom