Butcher experience

What is your level of experience with the political process (in the USA)?

• I have been elected to public office before

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have run for public office (didn't win)

• I have attended my party's national convention(s)

• I vote sometimes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
How much experience do you have making sausage? (public votes - select all that apply)

Once, long ago, I wanted to run for elected office.

I fancied myself a Ronald Reagan candidate - the anti-politician. I wanted power to take power from the power-hungry. To promote the principles this nation was founded on.

Such message, today, gets zero traction. It's all about Free Schitt from Uncle Sugar; and who promises moar, gets moar. Money for voting; tyranny for free.

I vote, now, but without enthusiasm.

Running for office, even a small office like city council, is expensive and exhausting.

Running for office, even a small office like city council, is expensive and exhausting.
And so you get the ones fanatically driven to seeking the office. Either because they want to plant their faces in the public trough; or because they're controlled by backers who want access to public coffers.

It is what it is. Human nature is immutable; and it's a strong argument for keeping government small, weak, limited, and Constitutionally OUT of our lives.

I tried to vote in every election. But now I am considering un-registering. If I stay registered, it will only be to vote locally.

... it will only be to vote locally.

~~~

I remember going to my State convention one year and seeing a young guy from my district manning a booth selling T-Shirts. He had run a primary campaign for the US Congress seat for our area. I went and talked to him a bit. He said he spent $20K out of his own pocket to finance his losing bid for the seat and was selling T-Shirts there to try and recoup some of that expense. He was a Tea Party guy and he rubbed a lot of people in our district the wrong way by not playing the game by all the unspoken rules. His T-Shirts were actually pretty cool, so I bought one and bid him good day.

I was a delegate to the Colorado Republican State Convention in 2008. Overwhelming support for Ron Paul there, but he didn't get a single delegate to the National Convention. Opened my eyes to see how the system was rigged to push establishment approved candidates. Money has completely corrupted our Republic. Maybe it has always been that way.

I still vote in every election. Even if the results are manipulated I will do my part honestly. I am still hoping that someone in law enforcement will take the lead to bring down the traitors.

I got involved in a group in Dallas, Texas supporting the Ron Paul campaign in 2012. Wonderful people, lots of energy, lots of hope. I was so full of hope.
It was disheartening talking with regular, mainstream, GOP folks. They totally ignored Ron Paul and the things Ron Paul spoke about.

Back
Top Bottom