CelebrityMint Coins

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I found this very confusing article today:
... Celebrity Mint has grown from a name to a company that announced its flagship product, the first-ever legal tender trading cards, this week. The Duncan brothers have merged two worlds of collectors with a series of precious metal coins, now configured into the shape of trading cards.

The first cards will debut with a wooooo on Oct. 14 at the New York Comic Con. Wrestler Ric Flair and his “woo” calling card will be on hand for the coin-cards debut at the event. He’ll appear at the convention’s eBay booth in an event streamed on eBay Live. Celebrity Coin will sell its wares on its own website, through eBay and its own brick-and-mortar location on Katy Freeway.

Celebrity Mint’s products will be minted in gold and silver. ...
Kenny points out that the coins in this series are actual numismatics — coins with value independent of the intrinsic value of the metal — that will be registered in the World Coins Catalog.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...-tyson-pete-rose/ar-AA1hp0Ot#image=AA1hoKAY|1

I've been to US Coins and Jewelry and done some business with them before. They are a well established Houston area LCS. I don't understand what exactly they are promoting here though. "legal tender"? Really? Is it a gold/silver card like a goldback, but thicker? The images included with the report look like photoshop mock ups instead of actual product.

Back
Top Bottom