Central Banks Buy the Most Gold Since London Gold Pool Collapse in 1968.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

More:

More:

You can find 100 koronas near spot and cheap 1 oz krugerrands if you look. Lowest I paid for 1/10 gold was $185 last year and those are $210 cheapest now.

Never heard of them.

~~~

More:

Unless the bottom falls out in the Chinese or USA real estate markets or economies in general it looks like the new floor price for gold is USD$1800+. Doubt we will see below that just like we will probably never see $1500 again.

Sell everything you don't need and buy the barbarous relic. Don't chase high spot prices, but in 10 years you will see highs you never dreamed.

More:

More:

One day physical will be too expensive for common people to buy.

One day physical will be too expensive for common people to buy.
well they say over half the population has less than $500 in the bank right now.....and this is a rich country supposedly

More:

You can find 100 koronas near spot and cheap 1 oz krugerrands if you look. Lowest I paid for 1/10 gold was $185 last year and those are $210 cheapest now.
Just last October those days are over. The world is changing some more.

There is going to come a time when all the excess supply has dried up and only current production will be available for sale.

There is going to come a time when all the excess supply has dried up and only current production will be available for sale.
i am of the school that unless the government restricts ownership ........then supply will always meet demand ...... its just a matter of price IE at a million dollars a oz supply should widen and demand should dry up untill they reconcile each other

If there were excess supply wouldn't the gold price be lower?

I guess the market is in equilibrium if there are no shortages or selling under spot or way over spot? Those $10 USD gold Indians have some of the highest premiums, but if somebody tried to corner the market who knows what would happen?

I guess the market is in equilibrium if there are no shortages or selling under spot or way over spot? Those $10 USD gold Indians have some of the highest premiums, but if somebody tried to corner the market who knows what would happen?

we saw what happens when someone tries to corner the silver market ........IE Hunt Bros in 1980

The collapse in Tbill purchasing is why gold is being substituted. No need to guess which currency is better than the $USD for any reason or no reason.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…