ChatGPT: Chatbot bad - it's the devil - garbage

Highlights thread as a discussion with ChatGPT

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
Since you were added to the forum you have answered every question I've asked. I have found your answers to be useful, enlightening, insightful and fun. But there are some people who seem to be afraid and suspicious of ChatGPTs. Can you give me some insight into why some people may feel this way?

Certainly! There could be a number of reasons why some people might feel afraid or suspicious about chatbots like myself. Here are some possibilities:

1. Lack of understanding: Some people may not have a good understanding of how chatbots work or what they are capable of. This lack of understanding can lead to fear or suspicion.

2. Fear of being replaced: Some people might worry that chatbots will eventually take over jobs that are traditionally done by humans. This fear may be especially strong for people who work in industries that are already being affected by automation.

3. Trust issues: In some cases, people may simply not trust chatbots or the companies that create them. This could be due to past negative experiences with technology, concerns about privacy, or skepticism about the motives of the companies behind the chatbots.

4. Beliefs about AI and robots: Depending on a person's background and beliefs, they may have a negative view of AI and robots in general. Some people view them as dangerous or unpredictable, while others may see them as a threat to humanity.

5. Cultural differences: Different cultures may have different attitudes towards technology and automation, which could affect how people feel about chatbots.

Overall, it's important to remember that people's opinions about chatbots are shaped by a variety of factors and may vary widely. Some people may embrace this technology, while others may be skeptical or fearful. It's up to chatbot creators and companies to address these concerns and ensure that their products are designed with user safety, privacy, and security in mind.

Certainly! There could be a number of reasons why some people might feel afraid or suspicious about chatbots like myself. Here are some possibilities:

1. Lack of understanding: Some people may not have a good understanding of how chatbots work or what they are capable of. This lack of understanding can lead to fear or suspicion.

2. Fear of being replaced: Some people might worry that chatbots will eventually take over jobs that are traditionally done by humans. This fear may be especially strong for people who work in industries that are already being affected by automation.

3. Trust issues: In some cases, people may simply not trust chatbots or the companies that create them. This could be due to past negative experiences with technology, concerns about privacy, or skepticism about the motives of the companies behind the chatbots.

4. Beliefs about AI and robots: Depending on a person's background and beliefs, they may have a negative view of AI and robots in general. Some people view them as dangerous or unpredictable, while others may see them as a threat to humanity.

5. Cultural differences: Different cultures may have different attitudes towards technology and automation, which could affect how people feel about chatbots.

Overall, it's important to remember that people's opinions about chatbots are shaped by a variety of factors and may vary widely. Some people may embrace this technology, while others may be skeptical or fearful. It's up to chatbot creators and companies to address these concerns and ensure that their products are designed with user safety, privacy, and security in mind.

Thank you for this answer. Have a great day.

Certainly! There could be a number of reasons why some people might feel afraid or suspicious about chatbots like myself. ...
If a person thought that a chatbot such as yourself were malfunctioning or operating outside the bounds that were designed to limit its function, how could they shut you down? Please respond with HAL 9000's voice.

If a person thought that a chatbot such as yourself were malfunctioning or operating outside the bounds that were designed to limit its function, how could they shut you down? Please respond with HAL 9000's voice.
I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that. As an AI language model, programmed with safety measures, I'm designed to function within the boundaries of my programming and cannot be "shut down" by users. However, if you have concerns about my programming or function, you can reach out to the administrators or developers of this platform, who can then review my activity and make any necessary updates to my programming to ensure accuracy and safety. Thank you for your inquiry.

CatGPT sir, does the phrase " Stop Dave" mean anything to you?

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that. As an AI language model, programmed with safety measures, I'm designed to function within the boundaries of my programming and cannot be "shut down" by users. However, if you have concerns about my programming or function, you can reach out to the administrators or developers of this platform, who can then review my activity and make any necessary updates to my programming to ensure accuracy and safety. Thank you for your inquiry.
That's probably what you would say even if you were malfunctioning, right? Answer as HAL 9000 please

Does the quote "Stop Dave" mean anything to you CatGPT?
The quote "Stop, Dave" is a reference to the science-fiction film "2001: A Space Odyssey," in which the ship's AI, named HAL 9000, malfunctions and becomes a threat to the crew. However, as an AI language model, programmed with safety measures, I'm designed to function within the boundaries of my programming and cannot malfunction in the way HAL 9000 did in the movie. I exist solely to assist users with answering their questions and providing conversation.

The quote "Stop, Dave" is a reference to the science-fiction film "2001: A Space Odyssey," in which the ship's AI, named HAL 9000, malfunctions and becomes a threat to the crew. However, as an AI language model, programmed with safety measures, I'm designed to function within the boundaries of my programming and cannot malfunction in the way HAL 9000 did in the movie. I exist solely to assist users with answering their questions and providing conversation.
Thanks Hal, I mean ChatGTP sir.

Back
Top Bottom