Cloud Atlas

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Dudes!

I saw Cloud Atlas this weekend and really liked it. The overall theme was about the endless struggle for freedom. The parallel stories were a little hard to follow in the beginning, but it got better as the film progressed.

Without giving any spoilers or details I can say, it's very deep and philosophical, and I highly recommend it. I'll definitely be getting it on bluray when it comes out because I think it's the kind of movie that takes a few viewings to grok all it has to offer.

I have not seen this movie (and honestly, was not aware of it). Looks like it's a Wachowski brothers* production - the same duo that made V for Vendetta and The Matrix movies. Apparently, Cloud Atlas based upon a book:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1371111/

* brother and sister (now)

Yeah, there are definitely ideas from the Matrix and V for Vendetta in the movie, regarding freedom and being blind to the artificial reality we live in.

I see it premiered in October in the US. It just premiered here last week.

my 28 year old said he saw the previews, said it seems extremely "complicated"

It was a bit hard to follow in the beginning, but well worth seeing. I plan to get the DVD to watch again.

Oh, I now intend to see it. My kids use the word "complicated" to obfuscate a situation. Why did you break up with your girlfriend. It's "complicated". Older brother says "she caught him cheating on her". :rotflmbo:

It was a bit hard to follow in the beginning, but well worth seeing. I plan to get the DVD to watch again.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. If they had done the editing a little better in the beginning and not jump around so much, it would've been easier to follow, but it did get better.

I think it'll be even more interesting whem I see it again.

Back
Top Bottom