CNBC w/ a real story?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States

Cybersecurity; Power outages, bank runs, changed financial data: Here are the 'cyber 9/11' scenarios that really worry the experts

It would've been perfect if their were ads for PM's, Crypto's & conventional investment plans on the page. Which one would you prefer to be holding on to when the grid goes down during a market free fall & they've closed the banks? I'm sure fiat currency would be good, as long as you had some out before the banks closed & the juice went out. Crypto's, yeah, just explain to people you have some digital dollars, somewhere, cyberspace... Either they eyes will start to glaze over or they will just bust out laughing. Now show most people silver & gold, they'll at least usually know it has some value, how much they'll probably be clueless, but the longer things stay down, the less people will want that paper stuff & start schooling themselves on PM's. :judge:

It's hard for people to truly imagine these scenarios. I got a real life sample in the atermath of Hurricane Ike though. When the grid goes down for extended periods, things get rough. Like no gasoline at the pumps and hence no food or ice at the stores.

It's hard for people to truly imagine these scenarios. I got a real life sample in the atermath of Hurricane Ike though. When the grid goes down for extended periods, things get rough. Like no gasoline at the pumps and hence no food or ice at the stores.

When it goes out in the summer up here it sucks not to have AC & you worry about your food in the fridge if it's out for more than a couple hours, but the worst is in the winter if there's a storm bad enough you might get snowed in for days, but even worse than that is if the power goes out & it's below 0 outside, especially well below zero. That would happen on occasion when I was a kid living in the country, but it's only happened twice since I've lived in town. Luckily I have several portable heaters that are for indoor use. Also just lighting the stove, opening the door & then closing off all the other doors can keep it quite toasty too. The time we did that the kids thought it was just like a campout & would ask to do it again even when the power was back on. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom