CPAC 2024 - Milei, Bukele, Farage et al

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CPAC Summit 2024 | Lara Trump Campaigns For Donald Trump At CPAC | Lara Trump Speech | N18V​

Amid talk of leadership change within the Republican National Committee, Lara Trump spoke at the Conservative Political Action Conference to press party activists to support her father-in-law's bid for another term in the White House. After former President Donald Trump endorsed her to be co-chair of the RNC, Lara Trump pledged that if she is elected to that post, ‘every penny of every dollar donated will go toward one thing: winning’.

15:07

CPAC 2024 live: Posobiec hails ‘end of democracy’ as Truss bewilders audience with ‘bigger bazooka’ speech​

LIVE – Updated at 11:37

The latest instalment of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) has begun, kicking off another four-day jamboree of grandstanding speeches, culture war grievances and MAGA electioneering.

The event will once more be headlined by Donald Trump, who will make its keynote address on Saturday before heading off to South Carolina for the state’s GOP primary.

More:

Starting at around 18:37 he talks about the Fed and magic fiat money.

Last edited:
Nigel talks about being debanked:

Opinion piece from The Conversation

I went to CPAC as an anthropologist to understand Trump’s base − they believe, more than ever, he is a savior​

Story by Alexander Hinton, Distinguished Professor of Anthropology; Director, Center for the Study of Genocide and Human Rights, Rutgers University - Newark • 1h

What is happening in the hearts of former President Donald Trump’s supporters?

As an anthropologist who studies peace and conflict, I went to the annual meeting of the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, to find out. I wanted to better understand the Make America Great Again faithful – and their die-hard support for Trump.

The event began on Feb. 21, 2024, in National Harbor, Maryland, with Steve Bannon’s routine, untrue banter about how President Joe Biden stole the 2020 election, and it peaked with an angry speech from Trump three days later. In between, I sat among the MAGA masses listening to speaker after speaker express outrage about American decline – and their hope for Trump’s reelection.

Everywhere I turned, people wore MAGA regalia – hats, pins, logos and patches, many with Trump’s likeness. I spent breaks in the exhibition hall, which featured a Jan. 6 insurrection-themed pinball machine featuring “Stop the Steal,” “Political Prisoners” and “Babbitt Murder” rally modes and a bus emblazoned with Trump’s face. Admirers scribbled messages on the bus such as, “We have your back” and “You are anointed and appointed by God to be the President.”

More:

'As I Ready Myself For A Prison Cell...': Peter Navarro Speaks At CPAC Before Heading To Prison​

Feb 24, 2024
Peter Navarro speaks at CPAC before he is set to begin a four-month prison sentence after being found guilty of contempt of Congress.

7:09

Back
Top Bottom