The Hunt Brothers

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States

Nothing to see, can listen in a background tab. It's an hour long and I'm about 6 minutes into it, so I'm not sure if they cover anything novel or interesting...

Interesting stories start at around the 16 minute mark.

In many ways, the three brothers couldn’t have been more different. Bunker Hunt was a paunchy billionaire who flew economy and owned hundreds of thoroughbred horses. Lamar Hunt helped create the American Football League, founded the Kansas City Chiefs and coined the name Super Bowl. Herbert Hunt was the numbers guy, a details man who avoided the spotlight and mowed his own lawn.

All three were sons of H.L. Hunt, a Texas oilman who turned poker winnings into one of the world’s largest fortunes, a bigamist who taught his many children to be skeptical of the government and its paper money. And they all bought silver—lots of silver—which landed them at the center of the biggest commodities-trading scandal of the 20th century.
As Herbert Hunt—the last survivor of the three, who died April 9 at the age of 95—put it in a call to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on what became known as “Silver Thursday”: “I’m busted.”

More (long):

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...rner-the-silver-market-dies-at-95/ar-AA1o5Ok5

Bump
Interesting read.
It's a long way to 50 this time around.
And 50 FRN is only worth a fraction of 1980's FRN.

What about their cousin, Mike Hunt...?
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom