Delta IV Medium Launch

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
We're on schedule for a Wednesday launch [weather permitting] of a Delta IV Medium rocket from the Cape with a launch window starting at 8:29, and running through a 49 minute opportunity window.

Night launches are the shit!:judge:

*EDIT*
Do Chen,
If you are in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, just roll out to the beach and look north, you should get a great view!

Last edited:
Looks like we're still GO for tonight's launch of an Air Force Global Wide-band SATCOM. I saw the hydrogen flare cooking this a.m., so that means she's fueled and ready. Security is tighter than a ducks ass on Phillips, and the exclusion zone is already in effect, so I'll probably just watch it from my front yard again.

dang it, my kids have never seen that (Bing and I lived in St. Pete, saw plenty). They don't even remember going to the space center. Some things kids just have to do on their own...:pffftt:

And we were not disappointed last night! What an awesome launch! The sky was largely clear, with just enough sea haze to magnify the light of the rockets flames several fold. When the boosters released, we were able to follow them for several minutes as they fell in to the sea, still burning blue with the last of the solid burning off. The noise was impressive as well, shaking the living shit out of the Ancona Hovel and scaring my already neurotic cats half to death.

I never get tired of watching rockets blast off!:wave:

Back
Top Bottom