Different garbage found in food

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
NEW YORK, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Consumer Reports on Wednesday said it has found "concerning" levels of lead and cadmium in a new array of chocolate products, and renewed its call for Hershey (HSY.N) to reduce the amounts of heavy metals its chocolate contains.

The magazine said 16 of the 48 chocolate products from various makers that its scientists tested recently in seven categories - dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and mixes for brownies, chocolate cake and hot chocolate - contained potentially harmful levels of lead, cadmium or both.

Looks like all the kiddos are going to get tricks this Halloween. Isn't the FDA supposed to regulate this sort of thing?

There is plenty of other garbage in our food. Partially hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, GMO's, food dyes, etc.

They are trying to kill us.

<searching...>

This guidance provides a recommended maximum lead level of 0.1 ppm in candy[2] likely to be consumed frequently by small children. ...
FDA's guidance documents, including this guidance, do not establish legally enforceable responsibilities. Instead guidances describe the Agency's current thinking on a topic and should be viewed only as recommendations, unless specific regulatory or statutory requirements are cited. The use of the word should in Agency guidances means that something is suggested or recommended, but not required.
FDA is now prepared to take enforcement action against any candy product containing lead at levels that may pose a health risk. FDA intends to consider several factors in bringing enforcement actions regarding lead in candy, including the level of lead present, the best available consumption data, and the lead exposure that would result from consumption of the product.

So... maybe? Chocolate lobby keeping a lid on the FDA?

I did not see in the Consumer Reports reporting the actual data (levels of lead found) in their testing.

When we are all eating bugs, we will be much happier. At least, that's what the leftists think.

Looks like all the kiddos are going to get tricks this Halloween. Isn't the FDA supposed to regulate this sort of thing?
:lmao: They're supposed to regulate drugs, too. How's THAT working out.

Even from a QC standpoint, the Jabs are a failure. And even if they corrected their wild inconsistency, the toxic results of this Safe-And-Effective, should have resulted in something other than larger graft payments.

So, it looks like Hershey's chocolate products go the way of fast-food, with their animal hormone content in product.

Don't consume or buy either.

I had really good sushi yesterday and it set well in my stomach.

20231024_144558.jpg20231024_143006.jpg20231024_142605.jpg

And so heavily-censored search results one would think no one is trying to discover what “natural flavor” is....

What Are Natural Flavors?​

If you saw ‘Natural Flavors’ listed on an ingredient label what would you think? Doesn’t sound so bad, right? How could anything labeled ‘natural’ be bad for you?
According to the FDA, "The term natural flavor or natural flavoring means the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional."
Wait, what? That definition alone should turn anyone off. Did you know that natural flavors may contain 50-100 ingredients and are the fourth most common ingredient on food labels today? They are added to replace something that is lost through processing, to make food more appealing and to provide a consistent taste any time of the year. One example is orange juice. Yes, there is technically orange flavoring added to orange juice. Have you heard of castoreum? It’s the strawberry and vanilla flavoring that comes from a beaver’s anal glands. Yes, you read that right! But that won’t be on the label. The only thing you will see is simply, natural flavors. What’s even more interesting is that research has shown that both natural and artificial flavors have basically the same chemical makeup, with any differences being very small. But I bet you would be more likely to purchase something that says natural rather than artificial, right? As we are learning, that word in this case, really means nothing.
What these flavors do is make you consume things you normally wouldn’t. For example, soda without flavor is just sugar and carbonated water. It doesn’t taste good. The flavors make it taste better but do not provide any nutritional value, whatsoever. These flavors are designed to make you want more and can even be classified as addictive. ‘Natural Flavors’ are of course found in processed foods. And as we know, processed food consumption can lead to weight gain, Type 2 diabetes, and a lot of other health problems. Also, these flavors can legally contain bi-products like MSG. These are excitotoxins, which may be associated with stroke, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, among others.

(This information comes from the GOLO website BLOG which promotes clean eating.) GOLO® is committed to providing you with the helpful tips and resources needed for personal success on a lifelong journey of health and wellness.

UK Government Seized Mtn Dew, Jolly Ranchers, And Other Treats Over Illegal Ingredients

We all know candy and soda aren't exactly part of a healthy diet, but the U.K. government is going a step further by raiding candy stores and seizing American sweets and treats, as reported by the BBC. It certainly raises some questions when a foreign government perceives your food as being too dangerous for consumption. Among the items confiscated by authorities from the U.K.'s Trading Standards office were Mountain Dew, Jolly Ranchers, Sunny D, Swedish Fish, Twizzlers, and Lemonheads. Roughly £8,000 (equivalent to around 10,000 USD) worth of these items were taken from 22 different shops in the areas of Staffordshire and Burton-on-Trent.

Read More: https://www.tastingtable.com/1470334/american-sweets-drinks-seized-united-kingdom-ingredients/

Mashed

Cereals That Are Banned In Other Countries​

America in the 20th century brought us some weird food trends. In addition to strange incarnations like aspic and the polarizing presence of Spam, there was also an insatiable need to dye much of what we ate unnatural colors — especially food marketed toward kids, like breakfast cereal. To top it all off, much of what Americans eat — including cereal — is pumped so full of preservatives that it could probably be consumed sometime in the next millennium.

Come to find out, the proclivity in the U.S. to make children's cereal rainbow-colored is not just frowned upon in other parts of the world — it's banned. And those preservatives? Countries like Norway, Japan, England, and the whole E.U. have completely outlawed the use of certain manmade chemicals in food because they've been linked to some serious health problems.

For this reason, there are some cereals that are popular in America that will never see the inside of a store in certain nations. Cereals like Frosted Flakes and Rice Krispies are widely believed to be banned in other countries due to the preservatives they contain, but as it would happen, cereal heavyweights like Kellogg's actually go so far as to remove the harmful preservatives from the food they sell internationally but continue to add them to the U.S. versions. Want to know if your favorite cereal has been banned overseas? Here's our list of cereals that have been met with controversy on foreign turf.

More:

A couple of weeks ago, my wife made a sourdough starter from scratch. This morning, she used some of it to make English muffins. They were amazing and I had two with homemade strawberry jam.

Avoid These 5 Harmful Ingredients - Forever Fitmas Ep. 08​

Dec 18, 2023

Avoid These 5 Harmful Ingredients that can found in many of the foods you eat every day.

16:00

Kara has a lot of info on women's health issues at her channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KaraCorey

A couple of weeks ago, my wife made a sourdough starter from scratch. This morning, she used some of it to make English muffins. They were amazing and I had two with homemade strawberry jam.
I make my own sourdough bread. It's fantastic!

I put 130g of rye in it and it sparks it up!

Here's the recipe for 4 loaves

1000g strong white flour
200g Petite Einkhorn (old world grain)
130g rye flour
931g water 70%
266g sourdough starter 20%
24g fine salt 0.018%

I even have my own grist mill to grind the berries!

I make my own sourdough bread. It's fantastic!

I put 130g of rye in it and it sparks it up!

Here's the recipe for 4 loaves

1000g strong white flour
200g Petite Einkhorn (old world grain)
130g rye flour
931g water 70%
266g sourdough starter 20%
24g fine salt 0.018%

I even have my own grist mill to grind the berries!

My wife is currently looking for a grinder. She bought some fancy jars with bail lids and is giving sourdough starters to her girlfriends. I must admit that her English muffins were pretty darn good.

I miss the good old days when all you had to worry about in your food was boogers and an occasional missing finger.

I miss the good old days when all you had to worry about in your food was boogers and an occasional missing finger.
And the occasional rat.

I had a photo of a rat baked into a loaf of bread, that was then automated-sliced before being bagged in plastic. Mmmm-mmmm-good!

Cinnamon applesauce investigation finds lead levels more than 2,000 times higher than proposed standards, FDA says​

Tests of cinnamon samples collected during a US Food and Drug Administration inspection of a facility in Ecuador linked with contaminated applesauce pouches turned up lead levels that were more than 2,000 times higher than proposed standards, the agency said Monday.

The FDA continues to investigate high lead levels in cinnamon applesauce pouches that were sold in the US. There have been at least 65 reports of illnesses – all in children under 6 – linked to pouches sold under the WanaBana, Weis and Schnucks brands, and those products have been recalled. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which uses different data sources, says it’s gotten reports of 125 confirmed, probable or suspected cases in 22 states.

More:

Poisoning the food supply.

Our Elites, the Globalists, are COMPLETELY INSANE.

...but then, we know that, now, do we not?

Why you may be eating and drinking more microplastics than you thought​

Jan 13, 2024

From takeout containers to water bottles, plastic seems unavoidable in our daily lives. Now, two new studies have found that we’re eating and drinking more plastic than we might have realized. George Leonard, a co-author of one of the studies and chief scientist at Ocean Conservancy, joins John Yang to discuss the findings.

6:24

Pesticide tied to reproductive issues found in Cheerios, Quaker Oats​

Alittle-heard-of pesticide linked to infertility in animals is showing up in the overwhelming majority of oat-based foods sold in the United States, including popular cereal brands Quaker Oats and Cheerios.

The chemical, chlormequat, was detected in 77 of 96 urine samples taken from 2017 and 2023, with levels increasing in the most recent years, a new study by the Environmental Working Group finds.

Further, chlormequat was found in 92% of oat-based foods sold in May 2023, including Quaker Oats and Cheerios, according to the research published Thursday in the Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology.

More:

Pesticide tied to reproductive issues found in Cheerios, Quaker Oats​

Alittle-heard-of pesticide linked to infertility in animals is showing up in the overwhelming majority of oat-based foods sold in the United States, including popular cereal brands Quaker Oats and Cheerios.

The chemical, chlormequat, was detected in 77 of 96 urine samples taken from 2017 and 2023, with levels increasing in the most recent years, a new study by the Environmental Working Group finds.

Further, chlormequat was found in 92% of oat-based foods sold in May 2023, including Quaker Oats and Cheerios, according to the research published Thursday in the Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology.

More:

I'm starting to think that there is very little food out there that is unadulterated. Pretty much all grains are going to have Monsanto crap in it. Even fruit is being sprayed with Appeal [sp?]. Water in bottles has "forever plastics" in it. Meat is full of hormones and antibiotics. My wife stays up to date on most of this stuff and it is quite depressing to hear her in the grocery store. She's the type who stands there and reads the ingredient labels in the store.

I'm starting to think that there is very little food out there that is unadulterated. Pretty much all grains are going to have Monsanto crap in it. Even fruit is being sprayed with Appeal [sp?]. Water in bottles has "forever plastics" in it. Meat is full of hormones and antibiotics. My wife stays up to date on most of this stuff and it is quite depressing to hear her in the grocery store. She's the type who stands there and reads the ingredient labels in the store.
This is true. We're all contaminated...our food, our air, half our population is now self-infecting with spike proteins. And can infect you, if you don't keep it zipped up. Which is an important issue now, even if that person is your spouse.

It ALL...ENDS when this money-printing orgy collapses on itself. We just have to work it through, and remember...Zero Quarter for the perps who did this! Not the truckers, not the engineers, not the warehousers, not the sales staff, and NOT the OFFICERS.

There is gonna be a lot of bloodshed when it collapses. Just remember...even the Bible, between bromides about "forgiveness," said there is a time for all things.

A time for peace; and A TIME FOR WAR.

Banned in Europe, sold in Canada. What’s in your food? (Marketplace)​

Feb 16, 2024
They are banned or require warning labels in Europe — so why does Health Canada allow certain additives in our food? A CBC Marketplace investigation finds some food manufacturers are producing two different versions of the same snacks — one with certain artificial additives for Canadians and the other without for European consumers. A health advocate says that needs to change.

14:26

Back
Top Bottom