EBT Armageddon

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://fox13now.com/2013/10/14/utah-families-on-food-stamps-could-be-cut-off-soon/

I thought both the state and fed paid a %.

Food stamps for household of one in PA are $123, will drop about $9. One of the bail out increased the stamps by $9 for 2 years.

Weis- is a grocery chain here- they lobby FOR FOOD STAMPS. Not sure why so many shop there- when prices at Aldis are better. I will shop Weis when I just dont want to go across the river- or on stuff that is on sale.

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
my first FIL down in Florida said they used to soak the questionable chickens in vats of bleach to get rid of the stink. the old market manager at the grocery I work for now said they repackaged questionable chicken with BBQ spices to mask the odor (and marked it up, also). (They fired him for switching date labels eventually). The old produce manager allegedly misted the department with raid every morning cause the customers complained about the fruit flies...

we have a major rat infestation. One day a customer came and got me to tell me a rat was eating a bag of pistachios in the middle of the lobby, about four feet off the ground, oblivious to the crowded store around him. The same name grocery up the road from us has a bounty on rats for the employees, 20 dollars each. I go in early in the morning (4:45) and there are rats skittering here and there before the store opens.

People really don't have a clue where their food comes from...the cute little spanish deli girl had a meltdown the other day when she went to get the Kalachies out of the cooler where they had been cooling down and when she whipped off the plastic cover, a big rat was sitting in the middle of them having lunch. I call her "whiskers" now.

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I had food poisoning once- it was bad. I never want to go thru that again.

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I had food poisoning once- it was bad. I never want to go thru that again.
gastro-enteritis

Bing drove me to the doc (actually vietnam medic) I was too sick to drive.
You need to quit throwing up. You could die from the dehydration. I can't. Yeah I know but I'm gonna give you a shot that will stop the nausea, but it's gonna hurt. (it did). Oh by the way, do you have someone to drive you home, cause your gonna be unconscious in fifteen minutes. HaHa Lanny Stone, wasn't really a doctor, a PA. Later on saw in the paper 75% of the restaurant got sick from eating tainted hamburger meat sold by the (are you ready for it) the grocery I work for. The restaurant went out of business.

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Also- in PA- you have to use up the stamps with in 90 days- if you dont they evaporate.

I dont think trading stamps for cash goes on much anymore. Before they went to EBT- people would use a $1 stamp to buy a .17 can of soda to get the coins change.

BTW_ locally we had some house broke into they took gold and silver.