Meta (Facebook) sucks balls

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

So $140 too much? There's so much stupid money the markets have inflated where businesses who don't make money are somehow worth billions. Facebook and Twitter are 2 big ones.

At this point, with all the Q rumors of a sudden Trump return, like Christ's Second Coming...all the stories of the little-girl Hunter in gaol and The Big Guy in an old-folks home, with a legal guardian...

....pardon my skepticism. I'll believe Face___k is going down the schitter when I see it disappear in the swirl.

Not until.

That blank face arose from the sewer with mythical force, and it may take an equally supernatural force to shove him back in.

... Meta Platforms is making a huge mess afterhours, after it released its quarterly earnings, with its shares down 19% at the moment, after having already plunged by 5.6% during the day. Combined during regular trading and after-hours trading, shares have plunged 23.8%.

Shares are now trading at $104.78, the lowest since February 2016, down 72% from their high in September 2021 ...

More (details/analysis):

I was just looking at their chart... dang if it ain't a bloodbath...!

From 'woke' to 'joke'... that's what they get for banning me back if February...!

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 10.08.05 AM.png

fakebook growth is over. it's old people - and they tend to die. tiktok is eating their lunch with the younger demos

wouldnt be surprised to see (nyc/dc) ban tiktok to prop up their favorite election rigger

fakebook growth is over. it's old people - and they tend to die. tiktok is eating their lunch with the younger demos

wouldnt be surprised to see (nyc/dc) ban tiktok to prop up their favorite election rigger
More to the point Face***k is completely upending its model.

It WAS a social-media platform...a venue. Now they want to push this Virtual Reality - and market expensive headsets for it; and sell virtual real estate, virtual clothes, virtual accessories of all types.

Completely different market, and IMHO, one certain to fail.

Didn't want to start a new thread, so...................

Meta to Pay $725 Million to Settle Cambridge Analytica Lawsuit​

Story by Sam Schechner • 1h ago

Facebook parent Meta Platforms Inc. has agreed to pay $725 million to settle a lawsuit that accused the company of allowing Cambridge Analytica and other third parties to access private information about millions of users.

The proposed settlement would fund payouts to U.S.-based users of Facebook, in what plaintiffs say could be the largest U.S. class-action privacy settlement ever, according to a court filing late Thursday.

Meta had agreed in principle to settle the case in August, but no financial details had been disclosed. A final agreement was hammered out Thursday, and now awaits approval by the court, the court filing said.

F Meta. I don't need it, don't want it, don't use it.

On the local front.

Social media apps have had such a detrimental effect on youth throughout Bucks County -- and the nation at large -- that officials in the suburban Philadelphia county have brought a lawsuit to the developers of five of the largest social media apps.

I wonder if they're serious, or are they looking for "go away money."

Didn't feel like starting a new thread.

DUBLIN, May 22 (Reuters) - Meta (META.O) was hit with a record 1.2 billion euro ($1.3 billion) fine by its lead privacy regulator in the European Union for its handling of user information and given five months to stop transferring users’ data to the United States.

The fine imposed by Ireland's Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) concerned Meta's continued transferring of personal data topped the previous 746 million euro record EU privacy fine by Luxembourg on Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) in 2021, according to a DPC statement on Monday.

It amazes me that people still use Facebook in light of everything that is known about Meta's spying on people.

If the Plunge Protection Team goes to work, with unlimited CTRL+PRNT funds...you're not gonna win by fighting it.

I can't believe Face___k is still a Thing. NO MATTER the stonk price.

Meta has begun its third round of layoffs as part of the company's multi-billion plan to save costs.

The latest round of cuts targets members of Meta's business groups and follows a previous round of layoffs in April that affected employees in technical roles. About 10,000 workers will lose their jobs between the April and May cuts, following the company's first round in November that affected 11,000 employees.
In April, Meta reported first-quarter revenue rose 3% from $27.91 billion a year earlier, after three straight periods in which revenue declined.

Despite the cost cuts, Meta is still investing heavily into the nascent metaverse, and its Reality Labs unit which is developing virtual reality and augmented reality technologies logged a $3.99 billion operating loss while generating $339 million in the first quarter.

Investors have praised Meta's major cost-cutting, sending the social networking giant's shares rising 177% to $264.74 since bottoming at under $89 in November.

Metaverse is a black hole money pit.

Back
Top Bottom