Fentanyl seizures at the border continue to spike, shatter records in 2022

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Fentanyl seizures at the border continue to spike, shatter records in 2022​

Both Mexican and American authorities have made record-setting busts near the border​

Least of our problems. I hear that there is a measles outbreak in Ohio now. Just another "gift" from the third world people flooding across our southern border. Mark my words - we are going to see a huge resurgence of third world diseases in this country that were hitherto eradicated.

I know that there is a fentanyl problem in the country even the President should be aware of the situation. I don't understand why he is not being forceful in his opposition to the trafficing of this drug into our land. I know that he son is well reported on his drug addictions and possiby to a lesser extent is his daughter's drug problems. He needs to step up and address this abonimation.

This problem is tied directly back to China and the drug cartels of Mexico. We all know about the so called business relations that his son has with China, but that shouldn't interfere with the Presidents outrage unless he is compromised because of his son's dealings with China.

We are losing more and more of our younger generation to this drug and nothing seems to be done about it.

China and the Cartels are at war with us and our president seems to oblivious to the clear and present danger that is happening across the U.S.. He seems to be asleep at the switch or possibly doesn't care at all for the risk to this country.

British did that to China in the opium wars of the 19th century.

I don't understand why he is not being forceful in his opposition to the trafficing of this drug into our land. I know that he son is well reported on his drug addictions and possiby to a lesser extent is his daughter's drug problems. He needs to step up and address this abonimation.
Because he's in on it?

Goldhedge:
If Biden is in on the coverup and at the same time he's trying his dopey son maybe the next two years ought to be about going after sleepy joe like he and his party did for Trump. For all the money and money that they spent on trying to ruin Trump's presidency and money going to foreign governments to protect their border maybe we should give him a taste of his own tactics. Perhaps a continuing investigation for the next two years would be a good thing. After all isn't that what the democrats did for all of Trump's presidency and the first two years of Biden's ill-led presidency.

I'm not expecting a lot from this republican congress. After all the new session is not even in session and the republican led house already appears to be in disarray. I looks like the republicans are already embarassed about the leadership possibility that fell into their laps almost in spite of their efforts to lose the house leadership.

I can't vote for the democrats, and the republicans don't know what to do with the leadership of the country; so I'm hoping that there is a third party to take over from the corrupt and the leadership challenged. It seems like the republicans should form a shadow government (like they do in England) so they will have governing body on hand shoulld the voters ever decide to trust them again. Leadership in the republican party is a rare thing.

It's always interesting to see folks' position on the drugs issue. I personally lean libertarian in my political ethos and think governments have no business telling people what they can or can't ingest. But I also don't think society should be on the hook for medical services for folks who engage in self destructive behaviors.

It's always interesting to see folks' position on the drugs issue. I personally lean libertarian in my political ethos and think governments have no business telling people what they can or can't ingest. But I also don't think society should be on the hook for medical services for folks who engage in self destructive behaviors.
Libertarian?

1672540951510.gif

Libertarians generally don't tell other folks what they can and can not say.

Libertarians generally don't tell other folks what they can and can not say.
You think there is no difference between a libertarian philosophy for governance - (specifically a limitation on government's chilling/censoring speech) - and an individual's right to enforce norms/rules within the confines (or use) of their personal property? You think that because someone does not believe that governmnent should infringe free speech that same someone would have no expectations, limitations or standards for speech/conduct of guests in their home (or on their property)? If so, I think you are quite mistaken.

Also, I'm curious as to what @Viking is perceiving as inconsistent in my comment that he bolded.

You think there is no difference between a libertarian philosophy for governance - (specifically a limitation on government's chilling/censoring speech) - and an individual's right to enforce norms/rules within the confines (or use) of their personal property?

No. There is.

You think that because someone does not believe that governmnent should infringe free speech that same someone would have no expectations, limitations or standards for speech/conduct of guests in their home (or on their property)?

Again No. You certainly are allowed such.

My point is that, IMHO, a true libertarian would not engage in such behavior.

Back
Top Bottom