FOUR guys write $50,000 + gold coming soon!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

Four prominent bloggers (who know a lot more than I do) now write that gold will hit $50,000 or higher. Their logic varies somewhat, but the whole meme of very high prices of gold is gaining traction.

I also do some "predigestion" of "Uber-Bear" Jim Willie, whatever you think of him, he is without doubt one of the most fun guys to read on the Internet.

"Gold, Fishez! -- Is a Reset Coming Soon?"

http://tinyurl.com/kf33xp6

I believe and would love to see gold soar and some of those bloggers out there are really well-informed.

I read Zerohedge, but I focus on the big experts: Schiff, Faber, Rickards, Rogers, Maloney, Kiyosaki etc. But Jim Willie isn't at all an expert, but rather a home-blogger type who repeats himself over and over again...

Gold could easily surpass 5,000 $, in my opinion, but 50 k would be nice!

It all depends on what $50K gold really means. If it means a gallon of milk costs $3000, I won't be jumping for joy. If the price of everything else stays the same or goes down, however, you're all invited to a party at my house :D Seems like neither scenario is likely though.

It is also scary. For the most part I forget I own my stack.

I have no doubt that $50,000 gold will happen sooner or later. However, until the current downtrend reverses, there is no way in hell we will see it happen. So, I guess it is a question of how one defines "soon."

Based on how things usually pan out, the first thing needed is a reversal of the current downtrend, which will probably happen late this year. Next, prices must SIGNIFICANTLY go through and stay above $1500 (gold) and $26 (silver), which will not happen until next year at the earliest. Finally, prices must exceed, and stay above current record highs, which I doubt will happen next year at all, and maybe not even the year after.

Once all of that happens, then, and only then, we MAY see $50,000 gold SOON.

Back
Top Bottom