Free gold (FOFOA et. al.)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

R

Ragnarok

FYI all, FOFOA has a current freegold blog at http://fofoa.blogspot.com

LOTS of reading for those interested in the freegold topic and the comments section of the articles also often has useful insight.

I've been following the freegold idea since the USAGold forum, where I posted as 'Smeagol' in their discussion forum, which sadly is no more.

I don't really care who Another/FOA/FOFOA are as long as the information is good and will help to get us/the ROtW out of the current mess without WWIII.

As far as I can tell, much of what Another/FOA/TrailGuide/FOFOA said/says is becoming apparent to those outside the small group of followers since the Kitco/USAGold forum 1990s-2000spostings. Even Jim Sinclair recently mentioned freegold on his Mineset site. Freegold makes sense to many, but I would imagine there are some in power that would not desire to see it for whatever reason.

While there isn't room for silver in the freegold mechanism, silver imo will hold value but will not enjoy the one-time permanent revaluation that gold will get in order to balance worldwide currency/debts extant.

IMHO, physical gold should be set aside untaxed and unregulated in any way as a standard of wealth, much as the meter is a standard of length and the gram is a standard of mass.

It would then be in the interest of each country to see that their currency measures up to the sole standard of wealth, freely valued gold.

Fyi, R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinclair on Freegold this morning:
http://www.jsmineset.com/2013/05/06/where-we-are-why-gold-was-bombed-and-why-ta-is-a-waste-of-time/

Follow up:
More: http://www.jsmineset.com/2013/05/12/a-discussion-on-the-end-game-in-gold/

and his mate Bo Polny says no real moonshot until around 2020 ........

Welcome, Ragnarok! You can stop twisting my arm, ouch!, I am already there re FOFOA!

Yes, his idea is complex and controversial, but he uses a lot logic in building his case, brick-by-brick. And even if he IS wrong, so what? I sleep much better now... And maybe I'll get rich too...

"General Jim" Sinclair has indeed been making Freegold-y comments lately, but there is commentary in "FOFOA-land" that Sinclair may not properly understand it, or have another agenda. I cannot comment on these notions as I just do not know. Sinclair is super-respected among PM buyers (and has been for a long time), especially at Mr. Ferguson's (who?) site.

It is very hard to distill FOFOA's ideas into a compact article! There is talk underway in FOFOA-land to try, however, to make his ideas more accessible, because, as you wrote, you have to currently put in a lot of time and effort to understand it.

My main hesitation in going 100% into gold (as FOFOA would have each of us do) is that no one can predict the future, especially not me!

"Free gold is the use of fiat paper for transactions. "

If they are referring to warehouse receipts, then it is not fiat (money by decree); it is a receipt that is backed by something real- gold.

...and especially, NOT the guys who are giving you a definite DAYs, when they call tops or bottoms, or predicting price levels 8 years into the future... What a pile of :doodoo:

I MIGHT go 100% into gold/silver, PMs in general, but certainly, not today - it would have to be be at today's UNIMAGINABLE low levels. Going "all in", drawing lines in the sand, and extrapolating our own beliefs and outright biases and projecting them unto the real world and or markets (rigged or not), is 100% sure way to get flushed.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…