Get your butt into the 95% "freedom zone" areas

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vox

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Ignore the FEMA camp stuff at the top - don't really agree with this but I see the potential for those facilities being co-opted and used in "other-than-intended" capacities. I will say that I was surprised at the number of camps in service right now. (200) That's some serious infrastructure.

What is more interesting to me is the assertion that urban areas will be the primary flash-points for civil unrest and break-down of rule of law. These are the places to avoid.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036951_financial_collapse_optimism_silver_lining.html

Full text:

I've been saying my entire time here that if you think bugging out is going to be an option for you - do it now. Don't wait. It takes time to get established in the boonies, and if TSHTF in any of the worse cases, there won't be time, and you won't find the boonies welcoming - and without a welcome, you may as well not come. What would we want with your stack and your 9mm and the three days of food you brought? We have all that junk in abundance, along with clean water, our crops, our tools, our knowledge of how to live like this. You don't. It's pure fantasy, this bugging out at the last minute thing.

The upside is that once you get established, you get to live in a real neighbourhood, with real friends, not some anonymous city situation where anyone on the street might be thinking of mugging you or taking advantage of you some other way.
In other words, in most cases (choose where wisely) it's better NOW, no need to wait for TSHTF kinds of things.

This is much easier said than done. Most people move to cities because that is where the jobs are located. If you are already in a career that can only be found in a city when you first realize the true situation, you are in a quandary!

disarmed death zone

I'll have to mention at the next block party that we live in a "disarmed death zone", I am sure my buttondown neighbors will be glad for the heads up.

But did I miss something, why would FEMA kill all the city dwellers? Last time I checked isn't that where the rich and powerful people live?

This is much easier said than done. Most people move to cities because that is where the jobs are located. If you are already in a career that can only be found in a city when you first realize the true situation, you are in a quandary!
I'm kind of in that spot, hate where I live but I'd have a hard time giving up a steady paycheck in this economy. It's a choice between being screwed in a city where your money won't help or being screwed in the country without the means to support yourself.

Why did FEMA cut power lines during hurricane Katrina?
I give up, why?

I am not saying living in cities does not present challenges, especially during disasters. But I honestly do know why FEMA would want to kill the population of Manhattan which seems mostly rich and white and the seat of the powers that be. Clearly I am missing something which is why I asked.

I can think of a reason: to run the people out of their homes and in to a FEMA operated shelter, where they would be disarmed and controlled.

As for the death zone thing, living in Florida has it's advantages, since we are a "shall issue" state as regards concealed carry. Although after the balloon goes up, licences of any kind sort of become moot and useless.

So...............what ever became of the FEMA camps? Are they still a thing or have they been done away with for something more nefarious?

FL is now a Constitutional carry state no permit required.

FL is now a Constitutional carry state no permit required.
.....might want to review the date of the post you replied to ......no biggie....just saying....being new to this site i often see threads and want to reply till i see the age of them ....in a way its intresting to review old posts like this one and see what came to pass 10+ years later

Last edited:
So...............what ever became of the FEMA camps?
Chatter on the web is the Shemitah folks bought them from the government in 2012 to be used as fallout shelter. They went bankrupt in 2015 and sold it to an illegal immigrant cartel.

Okay, in 2 weeks FL will be CC. I was trying to be brief and by the time many read this it will already be in effect.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…