Gold and Silver Dividends

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

white&yellow999

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
So I came across this article about a program that ALL publicly traded companies could participate in, that would allow shareholders to customize dividend payments in gold and silver. There are some positives like increasing investor demand for the metals, which would send silver specifically to the f***in' moon, but also the option to get physical delivery, which according to the article you can do. There is already a company participating in the program, Gold Resource Corporation (GRC) is the first and according to the article the only premium they are charging is the production cost (and storage fee if you don't take physical delivery :rotflmbo. Seems like an alright deal to me from what the article says being as there wouldn't be a storage fee and all . I have mixed feelings about it though because there is a well known quote that came from a famous PM analyst that says something to the affect that when the everyone in the "mainstream" is telling you to invest in PM's then you know it's time to get out and thats when you know there is a bubble. Plus, can you imagine "the JP Morgue" allowing investors to take thier dividends in physical silver, that might be a long shot.

Here's the article:

Interesting concept. I know there were some calls a while back for miners to offer dividends in metal, but this seems to have taken that concept to a different level. I guess it's essentially having your divident payments routed to a third party who is buying bullion with it. Not much different from you taking the payments and investing it with goldmoney, bullionvault, etc. Just set up for automatic conversion if I understood it right.

It is actually an interesting idea for the large power blocks. If you know the world is slowly turning back to precious metals, why not set yourself up as the middle man? Why not get a little cut of each transaction? I am sure they would provide this service in exchange for broker fees, storage fees, conversion fees, .....

You are right that is an automatic version of what some people are already doing. The big boys can't let you keep doing it without giving them their cut :doodoo:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…