Gold Ressource Corporation (GORO): Scam or Hot Stock?

GORO: scam or hot stock

• SCAM

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • hot stock

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I think it's a problem for the whole sector.

Sentiment towards miners is extremely negative despite the fact that earnings have been stellar. They have been the perfect target for short sellers. Ask anyone who was long SVM a few months ago.

While SVM turned out to be real, I have no clue on GORO. The fact they actually pay out dividends is showing you "something". Unless you visit the mine yourself, it's going to be hard to definitively say they aren't a fraud. Same type of slander could be made against any miner. Just do you homework and keep your position size appropriate and you'll be fine.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/go...to-launch-gold-and-silver-dividend-2012-03-12

Update: now it's up nearly 9%
Volume after just 40 minutes of trading is already above average daily volume during the last 3 months

Last edited:
When the PPT removes the boot, the prisoner takes a breath.

Holiday weekend approaches. Good time to hammer markets with thin trading volumes. Exercise caution.

Looks like somebody made a huge buy yesterday:

Volume yesterday:

Avg Vol (3m):

Despite the weakness in gold, there has been no significant selling during the days before.

Now we know why they shot up more than 9% last week:
http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.a...roduction-in-q1-up-53-sequentially-27420.html

Anyone buying GORO? I've been pondering buying a bit. Any advice would be appreciated.

I've bought them back in November 2011 when I opened this thread.
As I said on 5-17, there WAS a buying opportunity 2 weeks ago. GORO shot up from 21 to 26 since then. On friday, something quite interesting happened. Despite the huge 4% spike in gold and the massive short squeeze in the miners, including the giants, GORO fell 2.75% against the trend. This means that there was no significant short covering and no strong buying by new longs going on. I would be hesitant to buy the stock right now therefore. Maybe wait a few days to see where the next move goes.

Goro is down 25% today on 15% lower guidance
Might be a buying op. But I'd wait a few days...

David Morgan's silver investor newsletter is recomending GORO as of today.
Their calculations indicate a massive undervaluation of the stock.
My gut feeling is that they had it on watch for a while now and took the recent 25% raid as an opportunity to step in.

A class action lawsuit against GORO has been launched for misleading investors :

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/robbi...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…