Have we hit the bottom?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I woke up this morning in one of those hazy dream like states with a very strong notion that silver was about to start heading back to 45 or so - effectively tripling in value from today's spot price. There was no rigorous analysis supporting this idea. It was just one of those things that happens in dreams.

Some say that dreams are indicative of the mind processing information absorbed through one's daily life. Was my subconscious me telling my conscious me to "wake up, dummy!"?

Anyway, as I look at the financial news this morning and try to take a step back and assess the big picture, it certainly seems like it is possible:
  • The Fed wants to continue raising rates. There are indicators that this could cause significant pain in the bond (zombies!) and equity (stock) markets.
  • The price of oil is forecasted to rise on geopolitical issues (Iran and perhaps to a lesser extent, Venezuela).
  • Italy is the new Greece has started it's grand production in the EU theater.
  • The potential for a hard Brexit is rising which could lead to short term interruptions in trade (which could have ripple effects for the EU economies).
  • Central banks are buying gold again (perhaps signalling central bank concerns about the dollar).
:popcorn:

... Fred Hickey.

The renowned editor of the popular investment newsletter «The High-Tech Strategist» draws alarming parallels to the bursting of the dotcom bubble in the year 2000 and spots high risks in stock market darlings like Amazon and Apple.

For the industry veteran, one important reason to be concerned are rich valuations. He also sees troubles ahead with respect to the rise in interest rates and the growing mountain of debt around the world.

Against this background, the outspoken contrarian sees bright opportunities in gold and in attractively priced mining stocks.

More: https://news.goldcore.com/us/gold-b...ion-higher-as-stock-and-tech-crash-is-coming/

Get ready, gold bulls: The precious metal could be close to finding a bottom.
... the FTSE Gold Mines Index is now at its most discounted level in over 20 years.

There are other signs that a bottom is near.

More: https://www.forbes.com/sites/greats...ould-be-investors-lost-treasure/#20d37c507cb9

It certainly looks like the metals are on the march. Gold is over 1300 again. Silver is creeping upwards towards 16 again.

Back
Top Bottom