Hey from Sweden

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm a Texan who has been living in Sweden for far too long.

<--------O I can't believe my name wasn't taken :)

Hi Mike,

Please don't come back to the US, you will probably be classified as a terrorist for registering on this site. If you are sick of Sweden, move to Iceland and watch the world melt down from there. That's what I would do. :)

Welcome! Why far too long, does Sweden suck?

Yeah, it sucks a wet paper sack full of hairy donkey. There is a 25% tax on silver; need I say more? Seriously though, the only positive thing I can say is the women are hot and it's impossible to clog a toilet here :D

Last edited:
Greetings from the Deep South. I hear it's balls cold over there in the winter. That would be the primary reason I have not chosen Sweden as a home. The 25% tax on silver makes me nauseous.

Hi mike, welcome to the forum. :wave:

You're a long way from home neighbor (I'm a Texan too)!

hey mike

i stayed in sweden for a while during a vacation, from a visitor stand point it wasn't that bad but i'm sure it's different living there (plus the whole silver tax). anyway, welcome.

Hi Mike! Welcome from me as well.

Like our congenial host PMBug now does, I used to live in Texas. I have not ever been to Sweden, my daughter did for a week or so as a tourist and loved it.

Yah, Florida boy Bearing would not be able to handle the arctic winters, brrrr...

I agree with all above members: 25% tax on silver really sucks! Buy it here instead. If you stay over there, but come back from time to time, you could buy it here and have it stashed away somewhere.

Greetings from the Deep South. I hear it's balls cold over there in the winter. That would be the primary reason I have not chosen Sweden as a home. The 25% tax on silver makes me nauseous.

Actually, sales tax is 25% on just about everything. Gold is exempt though.

So, don't buy stuff from stores that collect the tax! Aren't people hip enough to do business person to person without that crap? They often are here...

At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that "news" is not something that happens to other people. He might learn how his ancestors lived and that he himself is no different – in the crunch his life depends on his agility, alertness, and personal resourcefulness.
–Robert Heinlein
For more cool quotes, see C-Lab.

Last edited:
So, don't buy stuff from stores that collect the tax! Aren't people hip enough to do business person to person without that crap? They often are here...

Nah, they are total sheeple over here.

I don't pay my TV tax though!

BTW, guys, another Texan came for a job interview at the place where I work. Small world, eh?
I hope he gets the job, but he is most likely a statist.

Back
Top Bottom