Welcome to the PMBug forums - a community supported watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more.
Register a free account to join the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including access to market data/charts and additional members only rooms (including one for trade/barter with the community).
Ooooh, a new bike huh? What'd ya get?I did a 20 miler 4 days ago but it was cooler. Yesterday it was hot and I pushed the speed because it was a new bike. Today it's hot, I am still tight and tired, so taking it easy and rehydrating. Thanks Joe!
This workout routine takes too much time. I'm going to reduce sets for some of the exercises to cut down on the time demand. Video above recommends doing the routine 3x/week. I'm going to reduce sets, but try to do it every day (with occasional misses and rest days) as I've been doing with the ab routine.
Something you could do is to split things up and do half of what you are doing every other day.
You have 8 exercises listed, so do full routine on four of them, then do the other four the next day, and give yourself one day off per week.
...
What you absolutely do not want to do, is to try to do so much that you end stopping due to how much time it eats up.
It's becoming obvious: Drop your weight, and watch Type II respond.In light of the 'bug's positive results of exercise on his BP readings, thought I'd add that I have a friend who is on the verge of reversing his diabetes through diet and exercise.
After being fiull blown diabetic, (was bad enough that he has already lost a toe to it) his DR says he is back to pre-diabetic status.
He hasn't needed any insulin in a good while now.
....and pre-diabetes can definitely be reversed.
Just throwin' that out there for anyone else reading that might be on the diabetes path and thinking they can't do anything about it.
Actually running?I did a 20 miler 4 days ago but it was cooler. Yesterday it was hot and I pushed the speed because it was a new bike. Today it's hot, I am still tight and tired, so taking it easy and rehydrating. Thanks Joe!
On the bycycle pictured above.Actually running?
Or, are we talking, on a bicycle?
Do whatever ya gotta do to be able to keep doing any of it.I considered it, but the video emphasized that the order of the exercises was important. I want to keep things as simple as possible as some days circumstances do not allow me to get a workout in, and splitting the workout would potentially mean long stretches (3-4 days) between specific exercises.
Well, that's precisely why I mentioned the issue yesterday. I'm aware that the full routine is not going to work long term for me.
I woke up this morning feeling yesterday's workout all over. I'm taking a rest day from the workout today. I'll still go for my jog though. I enjoy the morning air outside.
For practically everyone, that's the way it works.It's becoming obvious: Drop your weight, and watch Type II respond.
Wow 52 miles holy mackeral. I couldn't dream of going that far. I got a Specialized Diverge 4.
View attachment 20599
Damn! That's a great marathon time.I know a little about running. Get a bike and save your body the pounding of running, and even walking. I am 70+ years old, biking cured my platear faciitis.
P.S. I am diabetic.
View attachment 20614
Oops.On the bycycle pictured above.
Me being non-competitive, running was one of the few sports I could endure. I won't say, "enjoyed" - but unlike me getting my arse beat in basketball, or football or even volleyball; unlike even swimming (I don't float, no lie) running was at my own pace, and usually early in the morning, when sane people were asleep.Damn! That's a great marathon time.
I couldn't even imagine doin' that.
.....in any amount of time. Lol
I can ride like the wind all day long, but running a hundred yards would give me one of those side pains that'd make me have to stop. Lol
I can walk a good ways, no prob.
.....but running? Nope. Not going there.
Never been a runner. I remember having to do that Presidents fitness thing in school, and the running part was what always screwed up my ranking on it.
Like you say, running is hard on the knees.
.....and as I always say, f' 'em up and you'll miss 'em terribly.
As for being diabetic, did you start riding in order to help with that? Or have you always rode?
Im thinkin' that if you were running marathons at that level, you prolly know how to stay reasonably fit.
The new bike weighed 22lbs (fiber frame) when it left the shop. I bought the top Garmen computer and the rear tail light/ Radar combination. I am leery about road riding.Wow, nice bike! I bet you're liking that a lot.
I looked it up. Says it weighs a whole 23 lbs. Nice.
What size is it? What kind of riding are you doing? Road? Trails? Gravel?
I just weighed mine. It's just under 40 lbs, lol
....but 12 lbs of that is just my wheels and tires. I use ebike tires on mine cause I hate flats. The Continental's I run are pretty bullet proof.
I see where yours says it's tubeless ready. Gonna go that route? I like tubes, myself.
My butt couldn't take it.Wow 52 miles holy mackeral. I in couldn't dream of going that far. I got a Specialized Diverge 4.
I have plantar fasciitis in my right heel. I used a golf ball to alleviate most of it. Hurt like hell doing it, but it removed 90% of the issue.I know a little about running. Get a bike and save your body the pounding of running, and even walking. I am 70+ years old, biking cured my platear faciitis.
P.S. I am diabetic.
Yesterday I got my 1mi jog done in the morning,
That just means that you are getting better at it. Ie: improving.Abs struggled to keep the lower back in place, but I didn't really feel pain or burning as they worked. It feels strange compared to what I experienced over the last couple of months while doing these abs workouts.
Went 30 breaths easily. Abs didn't even complain.
took some effort, but was not a struggle.
I reach rep 10 and think I might push to 30 reps today. The reps feel good and smooth.
the burn feels strong, but good
It wasn't until breath 30 that I noticed any strain at all.
The burning is strong and intense, but not overwhelming. There is no panic within me
I'm noticing that my knees are not shaking.
wasn't until breath 30 or so that I noticed any strain at all.
By the time I finished the last rep though, I was near exhaustion.
At breath16, the whole back fell to the floor
Really felt like quitting the workout after the core hold series today
I was near failure and felt good about making it to 20.
Did 15 reps each side. I was huffing and puffing by the end.
Had a real wake-up yesterday.
Not a strenuous workout. Eight hours of standing around...it was Range Day, I was in an AR-15 instruction course. Shooting, breakdown and cleaning. A lot of standing on the firing line at varying differences.
Holding a carbine. Not heavy at all.
The shocking thing was, after eight hours, I was literally beat to snot. It was frankly shocking...I used to work standing for eight hours, even on the railroad when covering for a switchman's position (it happens on short lines). That wasn't that long ago.
Just mentioning it, how little it can take to knock you out, if you don't stay on top of physical conditioning.
Outdoor, and beautiful, halfway up a mountain.Was it an outdoor range (ie. were you in the heat)?
Just the way you describe that makes me want to be in a place like that again.Outdoor, and beautiful, halfway up a mountain.
Half the day was brisk, an early-fall kind of day, temperature about 60. A weather front moved in about noon, sun was obscured, thunderclouds, and temperatures rose to 80. But we had plenty of water, and we all were dressed for it, including sun-screening hats.
Wait until real-estate prices settle...and then head down to the Bitterroots, the Montana-Idaho line.Just the way you describe that makes me want to be in a place like that again.
Hopefully someday, but glad Ive at least been there to experience it when I have.
Being up in the mountains is wonderful. I'm so jealous right now. Lol
Get out there and do that more often.
I'm a member of the club that owns that range.Get out there and do that more often
Is it close enough to ride your bike to?I'm a member of the club that owns that range.
Not active...they accept anyone willing to pay the annual dues; I should probably get more involved. But I needed a range to stay on top of my skills; it's there; it's out-of-the-way, and everyone's friendly.
I'd love to be able to do that, but current circumstances disallow it.Wait until real-estate prices settle...and then head down to the Bitterroots, the Montana-Idaho line.
Social degeneration is slower here, just as the scenery is more beautiful.
You're from Texas, right? It's a whole 'nuther world out here...although there's a fair amount of ranching, east of us. This is where the mountains meet the prairie, and where the air is rare...we're about 4000 feet up...
But right now, Californication is burping up about half of LA, and a lot of them moving here. Home prices have exploded...to where a million dollars will buy a suburban-size lot and 1950s tract home (ten blocks from the University, but still...)
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?