I have access to something more rare than hens teeth!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yeah, but what are they selling these days?

Microchips? Acid etch? discrete components? wire? or preassembled junk?
Believe it ir not, everything they've always carried....I went in to buy an MP3 Player...nope. cassette recorders there though.

I bought some plug adaptors for 1/8" and 1/4" instrument cables.

Still drawers full of electrical components. Great staff too.

Way back in the day, my high school physics teacher worked a double job at a local Radio Shack. He was kind of a walking stereo type, but he was actually a pretty cool dude.

I was a big fan of Radio Shack when I was a kid. I bought their electronic kits. My dad bought some audio gear. I even worked there for a couple years. My impression is that in the last decade (or more), they bent to Satan and went to cell phone sales.

Bernie and John were good CEOs but whoever followed them was a stupid piece of shit.

Do they still ask you for your phone number when you buy batteries?

Do they still ask you for your phone number when you buy batteries?
Didn't buy batteries but don't we get asked that for any purchases today? At BLowes, they always ask you for a phone number. I ask in return, "why do you need my phone number?
Cashier: "Oh, in case you need to return something."
Me: "that's what the receipt is for."
Silence....

Radio shack invented that phone number thing as far as I can tell,. They were decades ahead .

Isn't that a jewish martial arts place next to RS?

Way back in the day, my high school physics teacher worked a double job at a local Radio Shack. He was kind of a walking stereo type, but he was actually a pretty cool dude.
A walking stereo type 🤣
yes we used to build stereo systems and radio shack were often the go to place to complete the challenge

Back
Top Bottom