I'm new here...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

boudreaux

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I have been lurking on your site for over a year and have finally pulled the trigger and joined your group. I would like to let you know that I have a lot of respect for each you and the knowledge that some of your posts impart.

I may have had some reservations about joining had I known of the terrible misfortune that tends to befall each member who has joined this site... I too, was the recent victim of a tragic boating mishap where I not only lost the few old coins that I had found under the cushions of my old sofa, but also my single shot shotgun passed along to me to me by my father, as well as the last jars of my favorite preserves. I was lucky to escape with my life...

Hopefully I can contribute to this thread in a positive manner.

Boudreaux

Welcome, Boudreaux!

Many of us have experienced tragic losses of our PMs due to boating accidents, icefishing, etc. I myself always have thought it would be better to take my PMs with me when I go out, believing them to be safer with me than sitting around some dark hole at home. Some say that PMs and water do not mix well together.

I'm sorry for your loss Boudreaux, and I hope reading our missives gives you insight in to various engineering means ande methods to protect your valuables from similar tragedies in the future [should you decide some day to replace that which you lost of course].

Welcome to our forum. Did you bring some beer?

Well, ancona, I'm just a country boy from Texas so I always have some Miller Genuine Draft on hand to go with my spicy pork rinds and I share with my friends... Thank you both for the prompt welcome...

Welcome boudreaux. From experience we all commiserate with your loss. However, since Goldman, JPM and the likes are keeping the price of PMs low for the moment, it looks like for all of us that:

Hey Boudreaux, welcome to the forum (as a member, no longer a lurker). :wave:

Glad you decided to register and say hi. Forums are great communication mediums, but you get out of them what you put into them. Ask questions and post thoughts. You never know what surprising horizons it will lead to. :)

Well, ancona, I'm just a country boy from Texas so I always have some Miller Genuine Draft on hand to go with my spicy pork rinds and I share with my friends... Thank you both for the prompt welcome...

Ah, that brings back memories. I don't think I have had pork rinds since I last lived in Texas.

Welcome to the boards!
:wave:

Good evening Mike, I lurked simply to try and gather as much information as I could before purchasing any PMs. I became serious a little over a year ago and have since become a "collector" of many things. I read several blogs, including Zerohedge, and watched as the economy begin to teeter more and more. I have several close friends who are of a like-mindset as I am and we speak frequently of what we would do if "what if" scenarios were to happen today. I have no children but pity those who do for what lays ahead for them. Thirty years ago if the things that are common subjects of these blogs today were to be the heard in casual conversation we would have been committed and loaded up on massive amounts of psychotropic drugs until we became '"normal" and ready to return to society again. I have come to realize that the government is not here to help...

Back
Top Bottom