In massive attack on Second Amendment, woke UPS bows to Democrats request to cease shipping firearms

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
In massive attack on Second Amendment, woke UPS bows to Democrats request to cease shipping firearms
Posted by: LET Guest|
September 28, 2022

WASHINGTON D.C.- Democrats are making yet another step towards corporate gun control by requesting that shipping giants cease shipping firearms.

U.S Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Ct), Cory Booker (D-NJ), Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Edward Markey (D-MA), and Christopher Murphy (D-Ct) signed a letter that was sent to at least 27 carriers across the United States and Canada. The letter said:

“We are concerned that lax shipping security measures are contributing to the epidemic of gun violence in in this country by allowing criminals to use stolen firearms to commit crimes.”

The letter also asked carriers to respond to probing questions such as:

“How many firearms has the carrier shipped between January 1, 2017, and December 31, 2021?”

and:

“How does the carrier define a ‘firearm?”

IT went as far as:

“Are ‘imitation firearms, frames, receivers, ammunition, and silencers’ included in that definition?”

Ghost Rifles, a Daytona, Florida based gun dealer, was notified on June 20th of this year that their account was canceled and UPS would no longer be willing to ship an item if it isn’t serialized.

more:

This question has probably been asked elsewhere; but, there are a number of small custom shops that manufacture black powder rifles (to the tune of less than 10 rifles per year) are they to counted as ghost guns. How about the hobbyists who make their own blacks powder firearms. It seems like these woke individuals are either afraid of insignificant counts or that they are afraid of everything.

The sad thing about this is the now some companies are illegitmatizing legal products. I don't remember this panic going on about cigarettes.

To continue the above post of mine. I was doing woodcarving in the shade at the local county park and because I using knives (2" blades) she asked a policeman to make me leave because she was afraid and nervous. He came over, looked at what I was doing, didn't say anything to be except good job. People just don't know what to be afraid of.

To continue the above post of mine. I was doing woodcarving in the shade at the local county park and because I using knives (2" blades) she asked a policeman to make me leave because she was afraid and nervous. He came over, looked at what I was doing, didn't say anything to be except good job. People just don't know what to be afraid of.
Apparently, the lady didn't know how to walk?

Post some pics of your work?

This question has probably been asked elsewhere; but, there are a number of small custom shops that manufacture black powder rifles (to the tune of less than 10 rifles per year) are they to counted as ghost guns. How about the hobbyists who make their own blacks powder firearms. It seems like these woke individuals are either afraid of insignificant counts or that they are afraid of everything.

The sad thing about this is the now some companies are illegitmatizing legal products. I don't remember this panic going on about cigarettes.

Most of those, at least the muzzle loading variety don't need to be shipped to an FFL & those are considered by the loony left the ONLY guns the 2A protects. You know like how the 1A only protects hand written documents or hand operated presses, not high speed modern printing presses, TV, Radio, internet etc.

I am no lawyer but in light of the SCOTUS decision on NYSRPA v Bruen I am sure it is only a matter of time that UPS gets sued in civil court where the burden of proof is a lot less for (A) denying both the shipper and recipient from exercising their 2A rights and (B) hindering interstate commerce. There's a full law library worth of cases and precedents on the ICC that could be applied to the suit and the whole 2A arena is still a legal wild west with the 9th Circuit openly defying the SCOTUS. I'm looking forward to the future judicial smackdown. If the SCOTUS does not respond in scorched earth style then the whole court system will disintegrate.

Back
Top Bottom