Index funds rebalancing - buying gold and silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score

More: http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com/2014/01/index-funds-buy-precious-metals.html

Interesting that the big funds are ADDING precious metals. I should be emphasizing that more.

its just a little bit of 'rebalancing' so it doesnt count as big funds purchasing pm's

Trader Dan used to be pretty bullish on the shiny but seems to be taking a more chart based position these days.
Think hes fed up with being 'wrong' ............ another 'capitulation' ?

A bit more detail on the investment:
http://www.goldmoney.com/research/r...s-and-their-effect-on-gold-and-silver-futures

I guess you could hope they have the wit to stay up late and buy during the nightly naked-short slamdowns in a thin market, and make that a little harder for whoever is doing that.

Wow, that's great info, PMBug. Sorry for the late reply, I was at the 2014 FUN Show in Orlando. I got to see the Brasher Doubloon before the auction, where it went for $4.5 million, and saw the 1913 liberty nickel and 1804 silver dollar that the ANA owns.

I'm also happy to report that retail demand is quite strong, even though the US Mint delayed the release of the 2014 ASE until the Monday after the show.

It really seems like the drop in spot has spurred, not dampened retail buying demand from what I can read on the internets. Nice to have it confirmed by a dealer.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…