Inmarsat Confirms Successful Launch Of World’s Most Advanced Satellite

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
Inmarsat, a world leader in global, mobile satellite communications, has announced the successful launch of its latest I-6 F2 spacecraft from the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station aboard a flight proven SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.

The launch saw I-6 F2 lift off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, reaching a top speed of almost 40,000km/h as it left Earth above central Africa. The satellite will now spend several months travelling to its geostationary orbit, 36,000km above the Equator, using its onboard electric propulsion system. It is scheduled to connect its first customers in 2024, following rigorous in-orbit technical testing.

T‑Mobile Takes Coverage Above and Beyond With SpaceX​

August 25, 2022
Companies share their vision to provide truly universal coverage, pairing SpaceX’s breakthrough satellite constellation with T‑Mobile’s industry‑leading wireless network

New service aims to connect vast majority of smartphones already on T‑Mobile’s network to Starlink satellites

Companies issue invitation to world’s carriers to expand globally with reciprocal roaming

from a link within the OP link (because I'm more interested in the "Most advanced satellite" than the promo)

Innovation in communications

The I-6 satellites form part of our visionary and fully funded technology roadmap, which will see a further five satellites launched by 2025, including two for Arctic coverage, and a ground network expansion like no other. Together they will power the geostationary Earth orbit (GEO) component of Inmarsat ORCHESTRA and enable technological innovations in existing and new industries.
Each I-6 satellite features:
  • 20 Ka-band spot beams that can be directed to meet customer demand second-by-second
  • 50% more L-band capacity than the entire 1-4 generation of ELERA satellites
  • 99.9% L-band capacity to ensure the continuation of our critical maritime and aviation safety services
  • I-6 F1 will provide coverage over the Indian Ocean and will be supported by two new ground station antennas in Western Australia – Perth and Merredin
  • I-6 F2 will provide coverage over the Atlantic Ocean and will be supported by two new ground station antennas in Spain – Santander and Arganda.
That means greater capacity and coverage, greater speeds and a greater portfolio of innovative connectivity solutions for our ELERA and Global Xpress (GX) network components of Inmarsat ORCHESTRA. And because the I-6 satellites, like all Inmarsat spacecraft, are backward-compatible with existing terminals, our mobility and government customers can benefit from new advances now and into the future.

Back
Top Bottom