Ireland to cease potato growing to meet climate targets

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

andial

I have not yet begun to be patient
Reaction score
Burkina-Faso
Well actually it’s cows but I used potatos in the tiitle because it sounded good.

“Dutch and Irish politicians have failed to recognise that regenerative farming techniques allow livestock farmers to help mitigate climate change by sequestering carbon in the soil. The technology needed to measure soil carbon accurately has recently been developed by a British company, Ecometric. The results are startling. Some British livestock farmers are now being paid for the net carbon sequestered into the soils after the methane from their burping cows has been accounted for. It would mean changing the way we farm to embrace holistic methods; mainly replacing cereal-based cattle diets with grass, but it can be done.”

Sauce here

Cows are designed to to eat pasture grass, not grains.

Cows are designed to to eat pasture grass, not grains.

True, but corning them off before slaughter makes for a better quality meat. My Black Angus are completely grass fed, but corn finished. I put them on a dry lot six weeks before they are slated to go to "camp" and pretty much feed them nothing but corn and water. This marbles the meat nicely and turns the fat from yellow to white, something most Americans are used to. We ranchers sometimes refer to grass finished beef as "Australian beef" as that is generally how they do it down under. A lot of European beef is grass finished as well which is why beef can taste very different over there.

newbaby.JPG

True, but corning them off before slaughter makes for a better quality meat. My Black Angus are completely grass fed, but corn finished. I put them on a dry lot six weeks before they are slated to go to "camp" and pretty much feed them nothing but corn and water. This marbles the meat nicely and turns the fat from yellow to white, something most Americans are used to. We ranchers sometimes refer to grass finished beef as "Australian beef" as that is generally how they do it down under. A lot of European beef is grass finished as well which is why beef can taste very different over there.

View attachment 8837
Most Americans are well-marbled.

You should see how GMO corn affects your turds.

Back
Top Bottom