Lazing on a Sunday afternoon

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
The dollar seems to have popped to the upside a bit on the open. Any guesses on how the metals react on the open? I'm guessing they pop lower and trade up slowly over night.

Looking like no pop at all actually. Sideways so far.

My Sunday afternoon was not as lazy, but in another way may have been fruitful.

My sister-in-law filmed me doing one of my Tai Chi forms (in Lurín, Peru), at some point we will put it up on YouTube.

And you can admire my $4.00 haircut too!

But, now I must get through Sunday evening, dinner is waiting for me downstairs... And then it´s back to my book (The Great Sea), by David Abulafia, brand new, a history of the Mediterranean... At some point I will write up a review, so far it´s very good.

That *SMACK* sound you just heard was another mosquito dying, literally, at my hands. One for the good guys!

Best to you all, it does look like we are going to have a wild week...

Well, the metals did pop lower, but not right on the open. They traded lower in stages throughout the night. I'm tempted to buy some phyz right now, but I'm anticipating the possibility that they will move a bit lower before reversing course.

ZH:
The metals space has had a rather disconcerting start to the week this evening with Silver and Copper dropping almost 2% from their opening levels and then Gold following suit. All this as the USD inches very gradually up tracking almost perfectly with Crude for now. These moves seem very liquidation-like in their velocity but have for now stabilized at the lows. The last few minutes saw some of the ugliest macro data we have seen in a while come out of India as it's Industrial Production growth missed expectations by a mile falling to levels only seen in the middle of the global economic shutdown in Q1 2009. ...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/precious-metals-plunge-and-indias-industrial-production-crashes

I mentioned intestinal fortitude earlier. I guess that'd be now.

Looks to me like a lot of the big boys whose only good decision ever was to have some gold are now having to sell the "relic" to cover a bunch of bad bets, flooding the market - they're well known for selling at the bottom...and being the bumbling idiots they are, they've all waited to the last moment and no choice, and are having to do it all at once, rather than the way even a fairly beginning trader would have done.

There might be a buyable dip in here someplace. I'm still waiting for the knife to stop falling, and maybe even bounce a time or two if I see a recognizable decay pattern in the bounces. Being a little careful with the dry powder - I'd not have it otherwise.

I'm tempted to buy some phyz right now, but I'm anticipating the possibility that they will move a bit lower before reversing course.

:agree:

Always have ammo ready to take advantage of the dips!!

While lazing about on Monday afternoon, I take advantage of this moment to advise that FOFOA has a new article up there at his blog. His emphasis, as always, is on physical possession of your wealth. He goes into more detail about how scary the MF Global failure is, how the cracks in the WHOLE SYSTEM are becoming more dangerous and yet more visible to the alert.

fofoa.blogspot.com

He wonders just how safe our money is even in the banks, what with all the hypothecation and rehypothecation going on. Not safe apparently.

This whole MF Global thing is starting to give me the willies... Should I bring back a set of Toyota Corolla front wheel bearings to barter our way home by taxi from the airport?

:giveup:

Back
Top Bottom