LBMA's Silver Good Delivery List

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
The silver refinery of Shenzhen Cuilu Gold Refinery Co., Ltd. has been added to LBMA’s Good Delivery List for silver with effect from Wednesday, 8 May 2024.

Shenzhen Cuilu Gold Refinery Co., Ltd has satisfied LBMA regarding its ownership, history, production capability, and financial standing. It has also passed LBMA’s exhaustive testing procedures, under which its silver bars were examined and assayed by independent referees, and its own assaying capabilities were tested.

Shenzhen Cuilu Gold Refinery Co., Ltd is located in Shenzhen City, China. Shenzhen Cuilu Gold Refinery Co., Ltd was registered in July 2007 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Shenzhen Cuilu Gold Co., Ltd. It mainly engages in the recycling and refining of precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum and palladium, etc.

Background
The London Good Delivery List of Acceptable Refiners of gold and silver is maintained by LBMA, by whom it is copyrighted. It lists those refineries whose gold and silver bars have been found, when originally tested, to meet the required standard for acceptability in the London bullion market. The List now includes 66 gold and 80 silver refiners.

I'm not sure what the immediate implications are for this. Is China getting ready to sell/deliver silver to the LBMA? Or are they going to be busy recasting silver into LBMA good delivery specs for vaulting in China?

I'm not sure what the immediate implications are for this. Is China getting ready to sell/deliver silver to the LBMA? Or are they going to be busy recasting silver into LBMA good delivery specs for vaulting in China?
I was wondering the same

Just a quick note, LBMA good delivery is a feature of a refinery, not of an ingot.
Technically speaking there aren't LBMA good delivery bars but only LBMA good delivery refineries.
The LBMA good delivery list isn't a list of bars specs but of refineries.

from the 10:32 mark said:
... since 2019 there have been 12 refiners added to the lbma list. I went through them today. Of the 12 that were added nine are from China One is from Kazakhstan and one is from Australia. There are no refiners opening shop in the west there are only refiners and vaults opening shop in the East.

Now one of the things that we've talked about here before is the flow of business you know when demand in the East grew metal started getting shipped there businessmen open shop there vaults move there um uh exchanges open up and list competing products there and eventually pricing moves there and by that I mean pricing becomes more dominant there the the next stage and we're not we're not at the final stage yet but the next stage is we export gold and silver to China.

China exports price Discovery to us so when you open up refineries in Europe uh you are able to lower your cost reduce transmission time meaning from getting the metal from point A to point B and also from getting price from point B to point A so you they're reg globalizing Supply chains along Eastern lines another silver brick in the Chinese wall is the way I look at it.

... The Godfather says either your brains or your signature will be on that contract well this is what China is doing Ian I mean not not so violently China is saying either your metal will come to us or your price will be received by us either you take our price and start broadcasting it or you take or we will take your metal and that's what's going on so uh China has metal and they will sell it at a price but they won't sell it to you in the west unless you acknowledge their price and that's that's where we're headed with this you know once the price on the outside reflects the price on the inside you're going to start seeing China perhaps uh do two-way business but between now and then just you should start to see the Chinese uh Arbitrage between silver uh start to narrow a little bit if it doesn't then we're going a lot a lot higher if it does we're still going higher just at the at the higher end of the Arbitrage ...

Thinking about this a bit more with respect to the LBMA vaults apparently draining as mentioned in the silver demand drivers thread - maybe the LBMA is trying to expand it's supplier list to increase opportunities for buying silver and replenishing it's vaults.

How does China let Silver get refined there and then sent to the LBMA? Seems counter-productive to their recent interests.

How does China let Silver get refined there and then sent to the LBMA? Seems counter-productive to their recent interests.

I think that's the point Vince was making in the video I posted. The price of silver in the West has to rise to match (or exceed) the price in China before silver will flow to LBMA vaults.

It's natural to look at this news through the lens of "how does it benefit China?", but I am now suspecting that it's really driven by "how desperate is the LBMA to find potential suppliers for silver as their vaults are draining?"

Back
Top Bottom