Legendary Warriors from Pinehurst Coin

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States

... These .999 silver rounds are available in 1 oz and 2 oz high relief. The series includes Julius Caesar, Achilles, Alexander The Great, Spartacus, William Wallace, Geronimo, Sitting Bull, Joan of Arc, Genghis Khan, Leonidas I, Miyamoto Musashi, Arminius, Attila The Hun, and Hannibal. This Eric Bloodaxe round is the first reveal of the series celebrating the most famous warriors from history and legend. ...

I was very surprised to see what these folks are doing with their "Limited Edition Gilded Ultra High Relief" rounds. These are 2 toz rounds minted in limited batches of 500 rounds per series (per historical figure) and containing some "gold toned highlights". But what really caught my eye was that the rounds say "Five Dollars" on them. I'm pretty sure that is what got Bernard von NotHaus in trouble.

Are these rounds going to become super rare collectibles when Pinehurst gets shut down? Or is selling them as MS70 graded and slabbed rounds a legal loophole?

Never mind... I learned that these coins were minted on behalf of the Nieu:

I guess they are actual legal tender for the tiny island nation.

Back
Top Bottom