Legends of The Old West

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Following the Clues with Larry Hedrick​

Join host Larry Hedrick and our DP, David W. Jones, as they embark on an enthralling journey to uncover the secrets of the Lost Dutchman in the mystical Superstition Mountains. Delve into the captivating exploration as they decipher clues and navigate the rugged terrain in search of this legendary treasure. 8 mins, 3 secs long.

For more information go to:https://mysteriesofthesuperstitionmou... / mysteriesofthesuperstitionmountains

You'll NEVER Guess What They Mined Here --- 2nd Largest Mine In USA​

The Boriana Mine is an abandon mine south of Kingman Arizona not far from Yucca Arizona. This mine was the second largest producer of tungsten in all of the United States. This mine had a small town which is now mostly a ghost town and the workings of the mine are now abandoned.

Whenever we think about old mines in Arizona we tend to think about either gold or copper. This mine however was a tungsten mine and of course never got that much recognition like many other noteable mines. However it should be noted that this tungsten mine was the leading producer in Arizona and was probably the second largest producer in the all of the united states.

Veteran prospectors knew about this prospect way back in the early 1900's but because it wasn't gold there wasn't a whole lot of interest. Then around 1914 a miner by the name of HarveyKlatsch and his son acquired the mine and began operations as the Yucca Tungsten Mine. This father and son team got in just at the right time because this was just prior to the start of the first world war. Within a year the price on tungsten rose to $125 per ton in support of the World War and production was ramped up and in 1918 the mine was Arizona's leading tungsten producer. However after the end of the war, tungsten prices fell and the mine shut down in 1919. In 1923 the company sold off its some equipment and abandoned the site.

6:40

You can read about this gold rush at: http://lostmines.net/boriana-mine.html

Super RICH Ore Right On Surface --- So What Went WRONG???​

Apr 6, 2024

Old time prospectors knew about different deposits in this part of the country way back in the 1880s, but because this place was in the middle of nowhere and was a hostile and desolate environment, not a whole lot of work was done here. However in the early 1900s that all changed when mining around the town of Rhyolite started and being as this place was only about 20 some miles away, exploration started to get some traction out here.

There were actually three town sites in the district in the beginning — Furnace, Kunze, and Ramsey. These small settlements were not much more that tent camps and never had to much of a population base. Then in 1904 a couple of prospectors, Fred Birney and Phil Creasor were out looking for gold and came across some rich surface outcrops of copper in Greenwater Valley. These two men sent some samples off to be assayed and the next thing you know, Frederick Heinze a big time mining man who was known as the copper king from Butte Montana came down to see these outcrops for himself. These copper showings looked so promising that Heinze bought 16 claims right on the spot for $275,000. Of course with these new discoveries plus being close to Rhyolite, by 1906 a whole new mining boom had taken off.

8:18

You can read about this gold rush at: http://lostmines.net/greenwater-calif...

Check out the Leadfield California Video here : https://youtu.be/XSIt0j5Antg

We Found an Charted Mine in the Superstitions #mysteriesofthesuperstitionmountains

Join Larry Hedrick on an exciting journey as we venture into an uncharted mine nestled within the mysterious Superstition Mountains. This hidden gem bears striking resemblance to the legendary lost Dutchman mine, offering a tantalizing glimpse into a chapter of history shrouded in mystery and intrigue.

6:09

Back
Top Bottom