Life as a London liveaboard narrowboater

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

night scene
Benefactor
Reaction score

Life as a London liveaboard narrowboater​

CruisingTheCut
Nov 15, 2022

London's canals and rivers are becoming ever more crowded with boaters as people flock to the capital's waterways, drawn by the lure of a seemingly idyllic and possibly cheaper lifestyle. But is the dream for real or is reality not quite as rosy? I went down to the big smoke to find out.
15 minutes

I thought to buy a little chunk of land on the ohio river, put in a small dock and live on a houseboat, with my auto parked on the piece of land.

I would be there now if not for being married.

i was looking at a couple of sailboats for sale around Nashville

found out one can motor the sailboat down the Tennessee river to Paducah hook up on the Ohio and BAM!….Mississippi river to the Gulf

Winter Meets Canal Boats! (Snow on Narrowboats)​

Mar 9, 2023

8:50

Island living is nice too except for the hurricanes.

Narrowboat Seasons: Winter​

Sep 24, 2023

5:42

The 'wife' and I go boating, from Abingdon to Reading​

Aug 20, 2023

21:09

A long-standing viewer offered me and my "canal wife" (aka good friend) Lorna the use of his boat on the upper River Thames for a few days - thanks Ed! - which we were delighted to accept. This is the first of two videos of that trip.

Living on a Tiny House Boat for 5 Years Saved His Life – NARROWBOAT STORY​

Sep 24, 2023

12:04

Living on a narrowboat in the UK has provided Dave with the home and tranquility he needed to recover from the sudden loss of his wife, and the depression that followed. But after 5 years of continuous cruising on the canals, he is now thriving and living in the moment in part thanks to his connection with nature. As an amateur filmmaker, he's been capturing and sharing the stunning scenery and wildlife all around him on his Inspired by Nature social media project here: / @inspiredbynature3

I Asked Chat GPT about Living on a Narrowboat!​

Oct 12, 2023

6:03

The Year in Narrowboat Life​

Nov 7, 2023

17:46

^^^^^^^
Here's how Dan makes his videos.

11:03

Narrowboat Winter Heating: More than Meets the Eye​

8:18

What are brand new luxury narrowboats like inside?​

Join me on detailed tours through three brand new luxury liveaboard narrowboats, one widebeam, two cabin cruisers and a narrowboat for hire, all at the BoatLife show 2024!

Prices: They're all custom-built so price will depend on what you spec. Typically you'll pay from maybe £150,000 upwards for a new narrowboat now, maybe £175k for a widebeam (but they can be zero VAT if for liveaboard use and meet certain criteria)

11:30

A houseboat on a lake would be ideal for many people. No huge waves and easy access to roads. How about a cottage or small cabin with a dock and a houseboat? Only downside is if you need to escape the country a passenger drone or dirt bike has to take you to the coast where you can hop on an offshore boat.

Back
Top Bottom